6 March 2013

Table Top War Games

So I think I've touched on it in the past but I am a Hoardes player, I play the Trollblood faction and here is a photo of my trolls...


As you can see I own quite a few, not that many, but I do love them and I do my best to paint them.


So why am I writing a blog about them?

Well I'm not, as well as I am.

You see I don't really like playing Hoardes much, I don't have the confidence to play against people I don't know and I've been to tournaments with my boyfriend which turned me off playing against other players. It doesn't really bother me as I love painting, but the problem is I do want my Trolls to look similar meaning all I do every time I fork out money is paint the same thing over and over. Blue with a bit of leather.

Now I don't want that to sound really stupid, I know that when you paint an ARMY that is whats going to happen, but to be honest I put them carefully away and hardly play with them (my boyfriend isn't much help) so I end up spending a lot of money and a lot of my time on these and then hardly looking at them again for weeks on end.

I'm not making myself very clear I'm afraid, as I do love them and I take them out to look at all the time, I don't have the space to have them on display so I keep them in a KR Case, problem is a lot of the time with the nature of my house they still get moved around and then bits fall off and I have to glue them back on and now half my models look a bit wonky.

Again I don't mind this so much.

To try and keep myself busy I brought a few Legion pieces....


Unfortunately I have chosen quite a boring paint scheme (these aren't even nearly finished) but it takes a long time to paint very small bits and wait for that to dry to carry on to new parts. It was meant to be a joint effort with my boyfriend but he's gone off and brought half an army (it feels like that anyway) whereas these are my only figures for the faction.

I love the models, but they are quite expensive. And as I just love them to paint it does take a lot of my monthly wage to keep the habit going.

I'll probably post better pictures when I have time of both my Legion and Troll figures! I do adore all my figures and want to finish painting the ones I haven't got around to finishing yet.

Why am I writing this rather rambling blog?

Because I've decided to buy Malifaux figures.

I've been on their forums which are much more friendly then the Privateer Press ones. I've looked at their figures which have a very fun feel to them and you don't really get stuck with just having to have ONE faction you have to work on (the thing that really gets me if I wanted to PLAY Hoardes is I'd need to spend a lot of money ON THE SAME MODELS to get tier lists to work which is always their most expensive bloody models as well!) and because they are a bit smaller they don't cost half as much (sometimes) as hoardes!

Now don't get me wrong, I will still buy Trolls, I love my Trolls, and if I ever found someone else to play against that I felt comfortable around I'd get them out for a game or two.

But painting wise I want to make a circus with a whole bunch of Malifaux models!

And then a mad scientist science fair thing!

The models are so fun and all really different that I just feel it is a better painting project then Hoardes. If you aren't a fan of the actual game you don't get THAT much out of Hoarde figures, I feel as someone who likes to paint I'd get a lot more out of Malifaux then Hoardes.

Then again I might just end up complaining on here about not liking Malifaux at some point, so don't hold me to that!

And have one last photo... Or two...



No comments:

Post a Comment