17 March 2013

F1 2013 : Drivers (Likes/Dislikes etc)

So I thought I'd write a blog about the whole of the 2013 F1 grid so you know which drivers I like, and which drivers (if your a fan of them) you might want to never read my F1 blogs unless you are made of stronger stuff!

If I do write something REALLY horrible about any driver in a review it is more likely I am just still getting over something more than really being that hateful... Well all expect for Lewis Hamilton!

I will do a Team blog next!

***DISCLAIMER : If I write a name wrong I apologize  especially with this blog were it'll have all their names so I don't have the time to keep checking it online. I do get used to names though. When Alguersuari joined F1 I had no idea how to write Alguersuari, now I could do it with my eyes closed... Like this Alguersuari (I really did type that with my eyes closed)****


Sebastian Vettel
I started off a big fan of Sebastian Vettel, I'm not sure what has made me go off him (not that he started to win like some people want to make out!) 

I do love Vettels sense of humour, he is so laid back and very witty. It isn't so much that I dislike drivers who are over competitive (you will see why I say this) but there is something very... Immature about Vettel at times (not driving wise) that has turned me off.

To be honest I still like Vettel and am really happy that he has won the championships he has, he has always deserved it and I do love watching him in interviews. But there is something...

Mark Webber
Now Webbo I love. He is probably in my top 5 drivers.... Probably.... Alright he IS one of my top 5!

I really want him to do better, I get really wound up with how poor his luck is, he really does have shitty luck! But I just enjoy Mark in general. He is a wonderful personality and deserves a lot better then he gets at times.

I love Marks runaway mouth, he is a mini volcano and when he gets angry... Just yes!

Fernando Alonso
My number one driver! I started supporting him when he partnered my all time favorite driver Giancarlo Fisichella. I love him. I know people can't stand him but he is the world to me as a fan. He has the gob that gets him in trouble, for me I just laugh (and/or cringe) and get over it.

And this is why I don't DISLIKE competitive drivers as Alonso is competitive. And I fully and utterly aknowledge that the things I DISLIKE about Hamilton is the things I LOVE about Alonso.

And man I love his eyebrows!

GO GO ALONSO!!!!!

Felipe Massa
Felipe I love and hate.... Why?

I love him because he is fun, sweet, cute and a wonderful and I do mean WONDERFUL driver.

Hate? Because he has no backbone and then his fans get defensive and you just want to shake them all!

Massa is a talent, but he isn't a natural talent (IMO) like Fernando and Vettel. The thing I ADORE about this man is he puts his heart into everything and you NEVER think he is half assing or that he is putting a image in front of his work. He lives and breaths the race track and he can race, man can he race! But the constant whining at times.... I feel like sitting there and telling him to man up, though I'm not sure whether that is because his fans need to man up or because he has too. But I do love him.

Jenson Button
If Alonso is my number 1 driver Jenson is my second driver (joint probably.)

I love how normal he is, he just seems to be so relaxed and friendly. I always knew he could be a winner and not only did he start winning he also won a championship, something that made me cry like a big baby.

I am so happy this season that he will be the number one driver at McLaren, I hope he carries on winning and McLaren deliver this season as Jenson is a lovely guy.

Sergio Perez
I am a big fan of Perez, I'm not sure why and I can't even remember when I started to support him but I do really like Perez.

I think a lot of the like for him is that he seems so innocent and so sweet. I haven't seen a mean, arrogant or annoying bone in his body. And to add to that he is actually quite a wonderful driver. I don't think there is much wrong with his driving style, he has a great season last year and I think given time he will blossom into a driver of the future.

Kimi Raikkonen
My joint second fav driver... Or maybe joint first. I LOVE the Iceman. Kimi is just awesome and I don't know many people who dislike him.

Thing is people think he is monotone and doesn't give a damn but I think he does. He doesn't give a damn about the press or what people say about him and he isn't a big talker at times but he loves F1 and he is a freakin' racing god at times. I love watching Kimi race, heck I love watching Kimi's interviews. I love everything about Kimi!

I missed him when he went away, happy he is back in F1 again!

Romain Grosjean
I have no real opinion on Romain. On one hand he seems a nice enough guy. On the other I'm not too sure on his talent. He is a bit bland on and off track. Just one of those racers who are there to make up the numbers (though I do think he has a race win or two in him.)

So really... I think he's a like. I'll be the first to jump to his defense if people pick on him for a load of crappy reasons but I will be as critical as I am with my favorites when they are doing things wrong.

To be honest Romain.... I really have no opinion on!

Lewis Hamilton
Lewis fans run away now. Don't read. I can't stand him, he winds me up no end. I don't even know why! Maybe the whole "cool" thing, maybe the really chavvy whining? He reminds me of people I've had to deal with in life who has to blame everyone but himself.

Thing is a lot of people turn this on Alonso and to be fair I love him and admit he is just as bad sometimes.

But there is something.... And he annoys me. And I won't go any further...

Nico Rosberg
I have a strange love for Nico Rosberg. I like him, I really like him, but I hate when he does well... I think Rosberg is a strong character and was put in the shadows by Schumacher which was wrong as he could have done better. Unfortunately for him he is again in the shadow of Hamilton but I think he'll get more breathing room now.

Nico is the picture of relaxed and I love how he just always looks smooth. To be honest though I've forgotten the last time he really excited me in a race, he is a driver that has a lot of good races but he never actually seems to be in your face.

Still think he has the talent in him to win races, maybe even nab a championship like Jenson did. But he does need to start fighting just that little bit more.

Nico Hulkenberg
I have a burning dislike of him that probably has nothing to do with him. In fact...... If it wasn't for a certain fan annoying me to death about him before he was even in F1 I think he'd be a Romain Grosjean. To be fair I haven't noticed him much.

He's had moments, but I spend too much time dreading to go on Facebook after he's done these things (and twitter, he seems to be really over hyped on twitter) to actually enjoy his good races.

Now that the main offender is no longer in my life I might like him better...... Maybe.

Estaben Gutiérrez
Not the first time I'll say this.

I have NO opinion at all. Don't know anything about him. Totally neutral.

Paul di Resta
I dislike Paul, and only because he bores me to death. So another really short piece but yes.... Dislike.

Adrian Sutil
Now I've never been a fan of Sutils, I've never hated him either. He was a decent enough driver and I was surprised to hear about the assault thing.

I did start getting annoyed with how overly blown out of proportion some things surrounding him became. His season would center around one race were he did well and something bad happened and that was the proof he was brilliant.... But he never was that good again.

I would rather his seat went elsewhere but it will be interesting to see him back. I don't really have a strong like or dislike for him but secretly I'll be cheering him on for some strange reason.

Pastor Maldonado
I love Pastor. Really love. Not romantically love but just love.

Yeah alright he is a bit of a pain in the arse, he is still VERY rough around EVERY edge. But there is something so, I don't know, something so normal about him. I really hope he smooths out his driving and does a lot better in races and carries on the DECENT performances and gets rid of some of the stupid things he does.

I will probably bore you with Pastor blogs all year!

Vitali Bottas
See Estaben...

Jean-Eric Vergne
This will probably sound strange but I'm a fan of his... And I don't know why. Like Perez I never had a moment in my life were I went from not knowing him to being his fan. But I am a fan and I think he could be brilliant in years to come.

I didn't really pay attention to F1 last year (long reasons wrote about them before won't bore you again) so I can't really say much about his F1 career or whether I think he'll win races or not. My gut says dunno but my heart says please.

Daniel Ricciardo
From the moment he joined F1 I liked him, he has that Aussie spirit that I do tend to love. He just seems such a happy chappy and I love the stupid things he says.

Will he be a champion? Dunno. I think he has it to win races, whether he gets the chance to I can't say but I have to say I do love him and hope he gets a chance as he is a personality and quite a fun driver.

Charles Pic
See Estaben...

Giedo van der Garde
I have been a fan of Giedos for years! I loved him in GP2, he went from quite a rough driver to a total gem of a driver. His secret weapon was Adam Carrol and he really has grown as a driver since teaming up with him.

Personally I think he has a lot of talent, I think given a good car he could be a Massa type driver. I don't think he attacks enough (so maybe Rosberg-esque instead) but he is young and determined and he can have some wonderful races.

I've really wanted him to get a good chance in F1, Caterham isn't the best of starts but I'm hoping it'll be enough!

Jules Bianchi
I hate him with a passion....

Who the hell am I kidding?! Since I saw him at a Ferrari test a few years ago I have been madly in love with the man. He reminds me of Fisichella, and since then he's taken the hole in my heart that Fisi left.

I really wanted him to get the Force India seat, happy he at least has the Marussia one and can't wait to see what he can do but I know obviously that it'll be hard.

He doesn't just have talent, he has raw untapped talent. I would love to see him up with Ferrari at some point in his career, I mean he is a Ferrari development driver (and people said Ferrari didn't develop young talent enough!) but for this year I just want him to shine. And he'll do it, I'm sure of it.

There isn't enough room in the world to tell you how much I care about his career, and his promotion to the grid is the reason I'm so excited for 2013!

Max Chilton
See Estaben...

1 comment:

  1. I already knew all these :) will be interesting if you get back to us in a few races about how you feel about the ones you didn't know anything about!

    And hating Jules? No one would ever believe that :P !

    ReplyDelete