18 January 2013

Fairy Tail : Rosemary (Manga)

So the new chapter is out for Fairy Tail today.

The story carries on the fight of Erza, Kagura (Mermaid Heel) and Minerva (Sabertooth).

The cliffhanger of the last chapter left us wondering what happened to Erza after Kagura unsheathed her sword for the first time, and the unexpected reveal of who Kagura is.

***SPOILERS***


So Kagura is Simon's sister? Who'd have thunk it?

To be honest I am a little disappointed with that reveal. It stops Kagura from being her own character, and for me in Erza's story there is too much of "I was related to this friend of yours that was in the tower and I hate Jellal" followed by hurt looks by Erza and knowing no amount of explanation would help the matter.

I would have prefered Kagura to have a more original story then being someones brother.

But it got worse!

Erza survives the attack that many thought killed her in the last chapter, and fights back to the brink of victory (through the sacrifices and love of her friends!) when a structure nearly crushes Kagura, Erza saves her pushing her out of harms way.

We then find out that Erza actually saved Kagura when the slavers came and took Erza and Simon away. Que tears and "OMG" moments, which would be sweet if they weren't the corner stone of Erza's story.

They started off with three bad ass females and reduced two of them to snivelling loveys.

When Erza and Kagura are having their heart to heart Minerva shows up and stabs Kagura, ending this chapter and hopefully setting up the end of their battle. So it'll be Minerva v a weakened Erza.

Don't get me wrong I do love Erza and I love the story, it has just gone on a little too long and it seems Erza has found herself stuck in the same story all through the series. I'd like something seperate away from Jellal, it seems everyone Erza personally encounters has to have something to do with Jellal.

I'm looking forward to Luxus v Ogra and finding out where Lucy and Natsu with other Lucy have gone!

It is the one problem with being up to date with the series that I have to wait a week to read more about what is going on, I really do wish that I could fast forward to the end of the arc to see how it ends. I don't mean that in a bad way I'm just so excited to see where it goes.

Can't wait for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment