2 April 2012

Things that I love Part I

Well I thought I'd better do a blog like this as I have no life so the majority of my posts will be purely about things that I love, watch, read and complain about.

Here are a few things that I am totally in love with.

Part 1 : Things

1 : Formula 1

The saddest of my loves right now.

I grew up as a F1 fan, my mum raised me as a Damon Hill fan and I've watched it pretty much religiously since I was a kid.

I mean its hard to do right now with only 10 live races and 10 being highlights, but its my life.

I love the atmosphere surrounding the races, I love how amazingly friendly and talented the drivers are and you can meet some of the most crazy but amazing fans online! My best friends I've ever had I've met through F1 fan clubs and stuff online.

My favorite drivers include Giancarlo Fisichella, Fernando Alonso, Jenson Button, Bruno Senna, Lucas di Grassi, Damon Hill, Eddie Irvine, Tonio Liuzzi, Sergio Perez, Jules Bianchi amongst many MANY others (I will probably do a blog all about that at a later date!).

My favorite track is Monza without a doubt! Best fans in the sport as well.

And I am a life long Williams fan!

* * *

2 : MotoGP

The one thing I hate most about MotoGP is that there isn't the love that F1 gets. Though that is also a good thing. 

The MotoGP paddock is one of the greatest things I've ever seen in my life, bursting of so much talent, with such friendly riders and such a relaxed attitude.

I have always been a Dani Pedrosa fan but even though I am still a Dani fan I mainly support the brilliance of Nicky Hayden, Colin Edwards and Ben Spies.

I was and will always remain a giant support of #58 Marco Simoncelli.

My favorite track is the best track ever Laguna Seca.

I never really supported a team in MotoGP but I have to say that since Nicky moved there I have fallen in love with Ducati.

* * *

3 : Doctor Who

Like the F1 my mum got me into Doctor Who at a very young age. Her preference was Tom Baker (4) but as I've grown older my own favorite turned out to be Colin Baker (6).

When NuWho came back I didn't really get into it as I didn't like RTDs more "emotional" stories, Billie Piper and then David Tennant. I have to say though now that Steven Moffat and Matt Smith are at the helm I have fallen in love all over again!

My favorite Doctors change all the damn time but 6 and 11 (Matt Smith) will probably always be my favorites followed by 4 and 3 (Jon Pertwee).

What I love about Doctor Who is how the main character is a hero but is a total Geek. He was a Geeks superhero. Maybe that is why I disliked David Tennant because he made the Doctor "cool" and the weird thing is he made him cool in a time when thanks to actors like Zachary Quinto Geek IS cool.

My favorite villian of all time is a newbie, I love the Dream Lord. I thought he was a brilliant character and would love to see him meet the Doctor again. I mean what better bad guy then one that was being taken out of the Doctors head in the first place?

My favorite companion is Jamie, I don't know why but it probably has to do with my Classic Who favorite episode "The Two Doctors" where I just fell in love with Jamie and 2 (Patrick Troughton).

My NuWho favorite episode? I don't have one it'll be a toss up between Vincent and the Doctor, The Doctors Wife, The Girl Who Waited, The God Complex and Night Terrors.

* * *

4 : Geekdom

I know its sounds stupid but to stop me from just listing a whole load of things which I love for the same reason I'm giving a weird one for 4.

I am a geek. I love fantasy and sci-fi. That is how I am. I have never been ashamed of being a geek.

I like to play video games like Mortal Kombat, Final Fantasy and Pokemon.

I love films by people like Tim Burton, Kevin Smith and Peter Jackson.

I love all the classic hammer horror, sci-fi and adventure films.

I love cartoons.

I don't think I ever want to grown up!

And all in all that makes me a geek.

My favorite comic book character is probably Gambit from the X-Men.

I loved Heroes and never wanted it to end!

I love Alphas which is basically a better version of Heroes.

I did like anime but never got to watch much but now I'm getting back into anime, and I'm getting back into gaming as well!

I am just a Geek plain and simple!

* * *

5 : Discworld

Sir Terry Pratchetts Discworld Series.

They are the most amazing books I have ever read!

I grew up reading them and I just don't stop, the moment a new book comes out I read any book that might have come before it and then read the new one. Then I'll go back and start reading The Colour of Magic and so on back through the series until the next new book comes out.

I think that I love the City Watch most of all, but I adore every series of characters in their own right. I just love the dynamics of the City Watch most of all.

My favorite character is usually Rincewind but I also love Nobby and Colon and Nanny Ogg.

The best book in my opinion is either the Hogfather or Guards! Guards!

When this series does come to an end I will be very, deeply saddened but so grateful for the wonderful world that Sir Terry has given us!

* * *

Other things to tag on the end :

Sherlock (BBC)
Think it is a wonderful TV show with some wonderful actors in it

Lord of the Rings
Big fan of the books and films, both are amazing in their own rights

The Hobbit
Again love the book and hopefully will adore the film when it comes out

League of Gentleman 
The comedy group, love their TV show and everything they've written since

Harry Potter
It is very much a love/hate relationship but there is some love in there

Writing
I do love to write and will share some of my writings in here at times

Cooking
I love to cook, the only problem is I don't usually have the money to do so

Photography
I will take a picture of anything if you give me a camera

Complaining
It can be a hobby if you want it to be

I mean there is probably a lot of other things that I haven't mentioned that I love in general but these are the things that come to mind at 11:51 in the evening just before I go to bed.

I will probably do Part II tomorrow which will be individual people.



No comments:

Post a Comment