3 January 2014

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta : Thorny Path Part Three

Episode 7

A brief catch up tells me that I stopped the review in the middle of a story. Silly me!

So lets see how this story ends (if you can remember what the story started like that is!)

****SPOILERS****
So we're getting a trump card?

The boys had forgotten about Kohime but are soon reminded that the bad guys have her and when it proves that Hime won't give up they have to face yet another dinosaur thing this time.... Bigger and badder! 

They try their hardest to distract them so that Akina can steal back Kohime, it turns out that the bad guy can teleport though and is getting ready to feed Kohime to the giant dinosaur blob thing. Hime tries to reason with Morino, which ends with him jumping off the building and holding the dinosaurs mouth open with Kohime in his arms. In the end it is Shinozuka that saves them both.... Turns out he might know the mayor a lot more intimately then I thought! Unless I'm forgetting something, which is possible! 

So now Hime is off to get Shinozuka out of the dinosaur thing, which is easier then you might think because Kotoha shows up uses her power speak. 

Ahhh so this is.... Aoi's brother..... Gin..... Really?! 

He's Hiizumi Enjin.

He's apparently is a descendant of Hiizumi Enyou, Gin was tuned to the other Dimension.

Turns out that the Enyou side was actually used as a sacrifice and the tuning points aren't what they think they are linchpins, the Enyou side is trying to merge the two Dimensions.... And Gin is no longer there, they've removed his soul.

And then he REALLY upsets the ogres.... BOTH of the ogres... HE uses an illusion to stab Akina and gets the serious squad on his backside, which isn't half of what he deserves. He wasn't actually hurt badly as the Himemo was under his clothes. 

Unfortunately this seems to have been all for nothing as Kohime isn't even old enough to run for mayor yet.... But she does get the bowl she wanted off the grumpy old man. 

Even without seeing episode 6 for many weeks it was still a satisfying ending.

The thing I loved the most is finding out about Ao's brother, well he isn't her brother any more but I guess we'll have to wait and see on that one. It has been something I wondered about and now we know that he was tuned into the other Dimension to try and get help to stop the merger. It obviously didn't work.

I'd like to learn Gins story to be honest it sounds really interesting. Then again I'd just love to see what it really is like on the other side, is Akina stopping Daemons from reaching something better? Well if they are trying to merge back into this realm I guess I really have my answer to be honest. I don't know there is something in Gin's story that would just be interesting to learn and I hope we do learn it one day. 

It was nice to see how serious they all got at the thought of one of them being seriously injured or dead. I think that is an important part of the story, it could get lost in silliness but those moments are only there fleetingly at times to glue together two rather more depressing and dark story points. It is was really nice just to glimpse how bad any of them can get, whilst at the same time be reminded at how young and free they really are too.

And look the old guy gave up being a grump! 

Well kind of.

Plus we got to see a nice side of Shinozuka. So we all won!

Hopefully I won't give up hope on completing this series as it reminded me why I loved it so much in the first place. Some great stories and really light hearted at the core. Wonderfully put together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment