15 January 2014

Nourin : Chuno Love Story

Episode 1

From reading about this anime I think it is something I will really love UNTIL it either gets really romantic/sleezy or else whether the characters seriously annoy me.

It seems to be about a boy (Hata Kosaku) whose favourite Idol (Kusakabe Yuka) retires, after moping about it his friends finally get him to go to class just to find Yuka has transferred to their school under the name Kinoshita Ringo.

I believe this series could go many different ways, rather excited to see how it plays out!

(Look at that! Proud of me? A proper preview-y type thing. Get used to it. Professional is my middle name!)

***SPOILERS***

I'll be truthful, the beginning is rather too cutesy for me. But at least I like the look of the main character, she is very nicely drawn. Of course it is all a dream and Kosaku isn't really the man that makes her happy.

He's at an agriculture school (oh after Gin no Saji its my dream to go to one of these!) he wants to be a trendy farmer. His friends Minori and Kei seem to find this dream rather funny. Suddenly run away cow. Kei looks like he will kick butt if anything happens to their part of the farm.

He is a high school student who wants to go to high school....

Kochou is apparently "The Boobs" really? She seems to have a soft spot for Kei who is super smart..... And their teacher OMG THEIR TEACHER!!!! Ms Becky is actually quite scary, but she knows how to stop the fighting!

He really does take the retirement terribly! But it is VERY funny! It seems him sending her fresh vegetables is what made her decide to come to the school.

This can really go two ways.

I love the look of the anime, the use of the chibi characters from time to time in the bottom corners when there is discussion and just how cute it looks interests me. It is a easy anime to seemingly fall in love with. There isn't enough main characters yet to make sure everyone pairs up so I'm not too worried about pairing up and the romance side. YET.

It looks like it could be a good show! I already love most of the characters and it did feel like they had to take time to introduce anyone, it got right on with the story and instantly you felt connected to them and what was happening.

The comedy works as well, there was some genuine laugh out loud moments like Kosaku wearing the body pillow and finding out that all Minori wants is to get married. I don't think it'll have to relay on the comedy though, like Gin no Saji it looks like it'll have a lot of heart especially when it comes to the lovey-dovey part of the show. The group of friends are wonderful and they've kept it small (I think there were too many people in Gin no Saji for me to remember what everyone wanted or could or could do!) so you'll always be able to follow each individual characters story.

I really love it to be honest!

It is definitely one I'll be keeping an eye on, I keep saying it but the best word to describe it is interesting. It looks nice, it feels like something you'd be able to watch no matter how you felt and it worked. Every little part of it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment