13 December 2013

Gingitsune : I'm Sorry

Episode 9

How can you get better then a episode all about Funabashi?

So much fun!

***SPOILERS***

We start up with Haru I think trying to look into the future. I'm guessing it'll be a Haru episode which won't bother me much! I love her. And I do apologise if I accidentally call Haru a he. I don't know why I keep doing that!

So Haru is telling the future too let Satoru know that it'll be drizzling later in the day, he also doesn't like Tangerines much which upsets Gin when he throws one away.

Gin offers to teach Haru how to tell the future properly but Haru throws it back in his face so Gin leaves her to it. Makoto's dad leaves and asks for Haru and Gin to look after the shrine, later on after a bit of a sleeping the two little girls show up to pray. Suddenly three boys show up and they end up throwing water at each other which really annoys Haru. Or at least the boys do.

They break the little spoon things in the water and then pull off the ribbon around one of the statues necks before running off, Haru chases after them but goes tumbling down the stairs. Seems Haru has gotten herself lost.

Thankfully it seems that Gin followed her. Turns out she wasn't that far away from the Shrine to begin with. Haru really needs to calm the heck down. When they get back home it seems that the kids have come back to apologise for what they've done.

I actually really hope that Haru mellows it is getting bored having her be so standoffish all the time to Gin and Makoto. I'd get it if he thought it was what Satoru wants but he obviously wants her to feel at home so I don't get why she's got to be so mean. Gin only asked if she wanted help learning how to control her flames, what was so wrong with that?

This episode probably showed the one character I dislike the most and unlike any other character when she was proven pretty much wrong she still was just as bad as always.

I don't know I have enjoyed seeing the characters attitudes change as they learn more about the world they are living in and the people they are sharing it with, even Gin is much less standoffish as he came across at the beginning and is warming to Haru so I don't get why the only character that doesn't look like she'll ever change is Haru. Can't she just be a little nicer? I'm not asking for her to love everyone but it would be nice to see her change a little like Satoru. I mean Satoru is still quite bad, he's really rude to Makoto at times but you see the small change in how he acts. Haru not so much.

By the end of the series I hope Haru doesn't act quite so high and mighty. It would be nice to see her grow as a character.

Other than that it was a lovely little episode, its that kind of series that makes you think, it has a message that it is trying to get over to the audience and I believe it does a good job of it.

I do love Granny as well! Telling the kids that the fox spirits will eat them if they don't apologise. It is one way to make sure they do the right thing! Though they weren't really bad kids either.

But this was the problem, the situation was set up for Haru to learn an important lesson and by the end of the episode it didn't feel like she'd learnt anything!

One thing I'd love to see is when the oranges are being thrown around by Haru and Gin what does it look like to people who can't see it happening? That would be interesting to see! They interact with everyday objects so surely at some point Makoto's father would see them moving?

Other then Haru being Haru it was another good episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment