25 October 2013

Battle Spirits: Saikyou Ginga Ultimate Zero : An Ultimate Festival! I am Zero the Burning!!

Episode 2

What a place for the last episode to end? Just at the end of a cool battle! Lets see how Rei (or is it Silver) finishes this match to win back the compass!

***SPOILERS***

The postcard thing is real cute! Do kids really draw them and send them in? Because I think it really is adorable and think that some of those drawings were well neat!

Gods how old do I sound now?

Hashibuto seems to have lost the better battle spirit he had and now Ultimate-Siegfried has gone to Level 5 and the big hit is about to come. Hashibuto battles on with dignity but is defeated, Rei then challenges the other two of the guild and Watari challenges him next. Ohhhh I get it with each and every battle strategy he has he has a new costume and new name. Plus his personality changes too. That is pretty fun!

Ultimate-Odin is back, Watari's match looks over before he's even done anything! Would have been interesting to see him battle.

So Silver only has a red and white deck. Wonder if he'll get any others. Anyway without even seeing it the third member is down and out. The compass is given back. And Muden farts in their face.... Ohhh yes I like this!

The kids want to go with Rei, apparently they made a promise to their grandpa and all their family is gone. Rikuto and Laila join the crew.

They get Salts tour of the ship which seems to fill Laila with fear. And anger. And happiness that she gets to clean up.

The dork trio come back and get punished for not getting the compass. Kiriga gets back and gets told to go and crush other card players so that they will stop challenging the guild.

Again it is sweet, it is very simple and very much like the old Sonic TV series and all the like. I am enjoying it greatly though there are things in there that are really starting to interest me.

Kiriga is quite an interesting character, he is in the middle of a Doctor Eggman style group but actually has quite a dark nature to him. An interesting rival for our hero of many names.

Also Rikuto and Laila have quite a interesting background I have to say I'm impressed with the story they have. I wasn't expecting much, just the bog standard kids wanting to go out see the universe so having a real background you can sink your teeth into is interesting.

I can see why it could grow tiresome to some, I as I've said like the mindlessness energy and fun of the show and look forward to being able to watch it without having to invest so much energy into the story, like most programs I watch I'll be able to sit down and enjoy the story without worrying about a small one second scene three weeks ago that will become important now. Its straight forward and so are the characters.

OK it isn't going to set the world on fire but it is keeping me entertained.

I would have liked to see more of the battles this time out and really will want to see Rei gaining more ultimates, I'd really like to see him with some new "friends" as if he keeps battling with these two I might get bored of seeing them. I guess that is what the series is about though!

And any and every scene that Salt can be implanted in will be good enough for me!

I feel like this should be classed as a guilty pleasure but I don't feel guilty at all about falling head over heels with this show!

No comments:

Post a Comment