8 September 2013

Servant x Service : Don't Panic, Make a Scene, or Throw Away Your Job

Episode 2

Just so you know...

A week or so ago I posted a review for episode two... It wasn't until later I realized it was actually episode three and I managed to miss it. It did get deleted without many people actually seeing it.

SOOOOO this will actually be the real review for episode 2 and I did double check!

***SPOILERS***

Miyoshi is hiding under her desk for some reason, turns out it is because of a very chatty customer....

She ends up having to listen to old peoples stories for ages so she hides from them instead, poor girl. They turn to Ichimiya to help but just ends up depressing himself.

Hasebe blames Yamagami for being so efficient, he tells her that Miyoshi probably feels a lot of pressure because of it. Hasebe tells Yamagami to mess up a little bit and ask for help to make her feel better. Next up she asks Chihaya who says she'll give it some thought.

Next day Chihaya comes in dressed.... As a Magical girl.... She has the day off and is going to a cosplay gathering. Turns out that Hasebe and Chihaya have a lot in common! They like games and manga... Though Chihaya has a funny idea of cosplaying.

"She's" coming apparently... Nuisance.... Toko-sama... She's a health welfare nut, a high schooler that does the health and welfare paperwork for her family. She administers a test for the new employees.

Hasebe is actually smarter than he looks as always.

Miyoshi is saved by one of her old customers.

Yamagami gets shouted at for having a silly name. Poor thing!

Turns out that Toko is Ichimiya's little sister.

When they were kids Ichimiya told Toko that the ward office helps people so she went there to talk to them and found out all about the benefits they can get and what the best job Ichimiya could get. He thinks she loves the building but it is obvious that she loves her brother (he told her that he was going to go and work there and she'd be home alone at sometimes but she'd be alright because she didn't like him much, her last remark after telling him all she'd learnt at the ward building was for him to STAY HOME and study to become a fully fledged civil servant...)

Toko has a temper and suddenly Chihaya is calling a meeting to help Miyoshi. They get Toko to help but Miyoshi just makes her cry which leaves Toko beating up Ichimiya! Poor thing.

That was quite a fun episode! Much better then watching episode three out of order...... Not doing that again....

I like Toko she is pretty funny and her story with her brother is sweet. If anything I'm happy that Ichimiya is as important as the others because he was one of my favorite characters in the first episode so I didn't want him to disappear which could have happened.

It isn't the best of narratives, it kind of flipped from one point to the other than incorporated both later on. That isn't a really big problem but it was something that I felt happened in episode three as well (wow that is a weird thing to be writing) and could distract attention at a later date from important things.

I don't mind two stories rolled into one or anything like that but I think having everything happen to Yamagami and trailing off at random tangents for tiny amounts of the episode could make it hard to follow. For something light hearted like this I don't really look for things I have to put that much thought into. I don't mind it but if anyone here remembers my blog on the Going Home Club that ended with me pulling out of reviewing it you'll know I like there to be a story (this time it was Miyoshi having problems with work) and keeping the tangents easy to follow and not breaking the flow of the episode.

It is a minor thing because it isn't THAT noticeable.... Yet. With the knowledge of what is to come next episode I noticed it but I'm sure that it'll settle down.

What the show has in abundance is that the characters are lovely and funny. I like them all. You know me I don't really like boob gags and stuff so that little part of Chihaya and Yamagami's relationship is a bit off putting but it doesn't get to me. The Hasebe e-mail thing... His relationship with Yamagami... I don't know I don't want him getting serious with anyone I just want them to be friends so if something romantic came out of it I'd be disappointed... Though again that is a feeling I got from seeing episode three first.

Don't get me wrong there is a lot to love about the series and I certainly do love it and I enjoyed the episode. Miyoshi is a sweet character and it was nice that we got to see her in the linelight... King of.

It was good and I enjoyed it greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment