23 September 2013

Makai Ouji : Devils and Realist : Realists but Romanticists

Episode 12

Solomon is awake, Astaroth is worried that Heaven will attack....

The final showdown, the fate of William... It all happens now!

***SPOILERS***

So William seems to have totally forgotten Dantalion. He tells him not to interfere, poor Dantalion!

Apparently Solomon didn't summon them for revenge but for friendship.

Solomon seemed really sweet to be truthful! He was too lazy to do more then get contracts with the Demons and befriend them. Baal seems to have always been a bastard (Lord of the Spiders... Why? I love him so much!) but Dantalion seemed to be all out for blood to be honest!

His father attacked him first which meant that he had to retaliate and with the powers of Demons on his side he easily defeated him and took the kingdom but all he wanted was his father to acknowledge him as his son. Of course it made him even more unlikely to do that seeing that he used Demons to win...

So we don't know what Solomon really wanted, but he tells Dantalion that one day he wants him to kill him, why only Solomon will know. So does he not recognize him because Dantalion killed him?

Baal doesn't give up does he? He's still trying to get that ring.

So Gilles sends everyone out to fight for the ring, Baal and Solomon find it easy enough to fight them back and Gilles gets thrown into a rock for good measure. Baal is repelled by the ring and Solomon goes on a killing spree.

Dantalion saves Baalberith! By the looks of it the power had gotten to Solomon and that is why Dantalion killed him and he won't let it happen again to William. Bad music choice.... Really important moment and we have the theme music playing over it.... The doors to the Lord open.... Lucifer is awake? I thought it was Heaven attacking.

So Solomon gives Dantalion the ring back and it seems that William will be back to normal. With Lucifer awake there is no need for William to choose someone to take over from him. Even the angels are giving up.

Back at school and William is top of class once more. He's acting weird though, it seems that everyone has forgotten Dantalion, Sytry and Camio. So it seems that William thinks its a dream or something, he goes to Kevin and asks if Demons are real but decides to leave before he gets a real answer. Outside he drops his ring and it is picked up by Dantalion (well you don't see his face and it ends before there is any real YAY Dantalion moment but I know Dantalion when I hear him!)

So the final episode?

I will write this big and bold so that you don't get confused...

IT WAS NOT A DISAPPOINTMENT

Why do I write this big and bold?

Because the next bit that I have to say about it might sound like I'm disappointed, I'm not just a little... Confused.

Now I don't follow any news sites for Anime I follow a few review type blogs mainly so that I know usually what I'd be in to, so I don't know if this is getting a second series, if they ever thought of having one or whatever. So with the thought this is it here I go.

It was rushed.

I can't put it any other way. They built up this big thing with Solomon and Dantalion, obviously we had to figure out that Solomon had gone too far and Dantalion killed him, we never got to know what that too far was though. That is why Dantalion saved Baal was so that Solomon didn't go too far and make him have to kill William.

That I can live with....

But the "battle" if you can call it that between them?

First of all BIGGEST mistake ever to use the theme music over that moment, didn't fit at all, too upbeat. It was meant to be emotional and symbolic and ended up.... Flat.

And then when this "battle" ended it only did because the doors to Lucifer's bedroom I guess opened and a load of feathers fell out. We didn't get to see Lucifer and we didn't get to know why a load of feathers not only fell in Hell but in Heaven too.

So that leaves a big question of what does Lucifer look like, how is he so friendly with Solomon and so on and so forth.

It seemed to be the easy way out, instead of choosing a new leader they were saved by Lucifer ending.

BUT THAT ISN'T ALL IT ENDED!

After all Michael was determined to kill William right? Determined to go to war with Hell.... Well no not now Lucifer is awake, so this big battle we felt we were going to get never happened. The battle with Jeanne was pointless and flat and now we didn't even get an end to that it just kind of.... Stopped.

Then to top it all off Dantalion, Sytry and Camio just get wiped from peoples memory and only William can vaguely remember them?

Sorry but I hate that! They were important characters, friends to Isaac as well as William, they changed both characters and were important and now they are forgotten? We as viewers didn't get to say goodbye, in fact it ended like there will be another episode this time next week!

Saying all that I enjoyed the episode immensely and any disappointment I might feel is down to the fact I wanted more, I wanted it to go out with a bang and it did in all fairness. It didn't fizzle out like some and it didn't tease you like others, but personally it didn't work.

The episode though was great, I loved the battle with Baal, though was a bit confused with Gilles. It looked wonderful as always and I was really getting into it.

Really wish we had seen Lucifer I would be interested in their version of him to be honest and there just wasn't enough about Solomon's background, which is weird because HALF THE EPISODE was about it! I still need to know more about it.

I guess I just want another series, like Karneval (which is the anime I compare it to all the time) it ended on a note that just NEEDS to be explored more.

Why is it needed for the Demons to return to Hell?

What is so important that they couldn't say goodbye in their own way?

Why does everyone have to forget?

Why did they give William his ring back? And why was Dantalion there waiting for William?

Does William actually remember or does he really think they are a dream?

Other then feeling weird about classmates that only he can remember why has his personality seemed to have changed? Or is it only him feeling weird and he hasn't mellowed out at all?

So many questions to such a great series. I feel so much more can be done with it, so much more ground to cover. I want to know more about each and every Demon, why didn't Samael have a candidate? What are they all going to do now the Lord is awake?

See I can ask so many more questions as well!

But if I carry on I won't be able to load my series overview with them! So that is it.

GREAT episode and ignore everything above when watching, it is great in its own ways I'm just greedy and selfish and want more.

One of the top animes of the season (and there have been some corkers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment