23 September 2013

Kiniro Mosaic : Golden Moment

Episode 12

So the last day with the girls. Sad times.....

***SPOILERS***

Second year! We are starting our final episode with them starting the second year.

A little disappointed as I wanted them to say goodbye this episode as Alice went home after the first year but never mind.

Aya thinks they'll all get split up for the second year but Alice is optimistic about it. And yes they've been split up... Karen and Shino are in a class together with Aya whilst Yoko and Alice are in the class next door.

Alice and Aya aren't taking this separation (from Shino and Yoko) well. Even sensei is worried about Alice, turns out she is Alice's home room teacher again.

Shino doesn't really care she's just blinded by hair colour and just happy to be in a class with Karen.

Memories! Though I'm not sure why we are getting credits 8 minutes into a 20 minute show! But still photos from all the other episodes, happy, happy!

Wow we get to see Karen's parents!

So after Karen gets obsessed with a manga they decide to fantasize and make up their own stories which includes Aya as a old women, Yoko on a donkey and Alice being a robot.

Shino finally makes up a story about her and Alice being princess (with blonde hair) and the others show up as pirates! Captain Karen wants them to hand over their treasure. So Captain Karen steals away Shino.... The story goes on with Shino trying to help Captain Karen find her own treasure then the ship capsizes and Shino is saved by Aya who turns out to be a mermaid, a ship shows up with Yoko as a prince. Aya singing to Yoko is probably the most lovely moment in anything I've ever seen!

Now it is kind of stealing from the Little Mermaid but never mind!

Just when Yoko and Aya are having a moment Captain Karen shows up and a fight breaks out. A whirlpool appears and suddenly Isami is the "Witch of the Deep" she says she'll grant Shino one wish but she has to give up her treasure. So Shino gives up her hair to stop the fighting.

Awww that is the cutest story ever! I loved it and it seems that half the school ended up listening to it.

We then get a flashback of Alice after Shino left.

The tears, the tears!

Again like everything I will do a full series review at a later date so I won't talk about the series as a whole.

This episode then?

I can't help it, I was in tears at the end, I loved the story that Shino told. It was just lovely! I hope the series comes back for a second one because I just love the friendships and really want to see them grow.

As you all probably read I really wanted the show to end with Alice going back to England for the holidays before going into the second year so I was slightly disappointed that we went right into the second year, for one being in a different class felt like a series worth of anguish stories more than a finale. I just thought it would be sadder if Shino and Alice where saying a proper goodbye but with the promise they'd see each other soon.

Having said that I totally adored the episode itself, it was sweet! I loved everything about it and it made me really sad seeing all the memories of the series and all the adventures they went through but also that story! I mean if I could just have that story on DVD and get to watch it every day for the rest of my life I'd be one happy camper, I adored it.

I have been spellbound by these five characters and their teacher the whole series and this was pretty much the reason why, they were just kids, being kids doing things that kids do and enjoying being around each other. They all had their own personality and I love them all for their uniqueness. Saying goodbye to one character you love is hard enough saying goodbye to five is heartbreaking.

It ended perfectly, even if I had my heart set on a different goodbye to them it still was a perfect ending, it didn't disappoint me that the show did something different to what I thought it would do, in fact, it made me happy I wasn't in charge so I couldn't ruin what was a magical goodbye to a magical series.

Now give me ten minutes to mourn the loss of a great group of friends and I might be able to write something else about something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment