18 September 2013

Doctor Who Figurine Collection Issue 1

This morning I woke up to this....

What is it you ask? Well it is the Doctor Who Figurine Collection of course!

I subscribed last week (or the weekend before technically) and I'm a little behind as everyone got Issue's 2 and 3 last week and my Issue 1 has only just got here, but that isn't anything to worry about! 

So what is in the figurine collection?

Well Issue 1 has a Eleventh Doctor Figure, the magazine gives an explanation on the scene that they used to create the model (the Stonehenge speech), the Eleventh Doctors costume and how it came about as well as a two page spread on the year 1963.

So opinions?

I think the magazine and figure are worth the money, my Doctor kind of has hair problems which I am going to get in touch with the magazine about (the roots of his hair and the ends of it are painted flesh coloured) but other than that it is a BEAUTIFUL figure with a wonderful magazine.

Even though it is worth the money I do think the magazine is a tad of a let down, just not enough real info in there, a whole lot about the tweed but only flashes of a brilliant magazine in there.

By far my favourite bit is the double spread on 1963 full of wonderful bits of information about what was happening in '63 as well as what was going on in the Who world in '63. 

The mention of Iron Man was all I needed to get over excited!


The model itself came in a nice box, on the back of the box it seems to have the number of where the figure is in the collection and the nice photo of Matt at the bottom. Yes I'll probably keep the boxes as well as the figures as I just think it adds infinitely to the series! 

Very well thought out packaging indeed!



 The model also has its name on the base of the figure... Why I'm telling you this I don't know but thought it would be of interest!

Altogether it is great, I also get "free gifts" for signing up to the subscription though I didn't go for the premium subscription which was £1 and gave you 7 Daleks over the course of a few months, the only Dalek I was interested in within the collection was the Oswin Dalek, from the looks of it we will be getting PLENTY of Daleks and Cybermen in the months to come, the only downside of what looks to be quite a wonderful collection.

And now I know you'll want to see a close up of the figure itself right?


I really like it! As I said the hair line has been..... fleshed but it is a nice looking model all the same. It is only the hair line that annoys me the rest of the figure is actually very beautiful and well worth the money spent on it. 

And yeah that is Issue 1! I will probably have a similar blog about each and every one of the issues as I think it is worth looking at if you are a Doctor Who fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment