18 September 2013

Diabolik Lovers : Episode 1 (O'Clock)

Episode 1

I know this has SOMETHING to do with Vampires, other than that I'm in the dark.

The title itself doesn't lead to much hope for me to be honest but we'll see!

***SPOILERS***

Very pretty and has a really nice piece of music going through the opening sequence (which is the titles coming up on a black screen rotating with a girl arriving at a manor house.... Thing in a taxi.

It suddenly starts to rain out of nowhere when she reaches the big front doors. Spooky looking house!

Now that I like! Episode number count being kept on a clock. Very "Gothic" and really nice. Anyway in the house she finds a young man lying on the sofa, she thinks he's dead so goes to call an ambulance but he snatches the phone out of her hand and tells her to be quiet before apparently going to bite her. She's saved by a guy in glasses and we learn that she's shown up here because her father is supposed to live there.

The one that was lying about on the sofa is called Ayato and the other one is Reiji but I still haven't heard the name of the girl. Well my answer seems to be coming soon, another guy appears, and a fourth one. All but Reiji has now licked her as well. Kanato is the last of the boys to have shown up well until Subaru shows up... He seems a little angry to be honest. There is another one? Shu? Kill me now trying to remember all these bloody people!

The eldest is Shu, Reiji is second eldest, third eldest is Ayato, then Kanato, Raito and last of all is Subaru.

Yes it is all kind of weird kid. They break her phone and tell her to get lost, they are actually really mean to her as well. I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest.

They are going on about her manners being deplorable?! This seems a lot like Brothers Conflict just with really rude and obnoxious vampires.

So she runs away, she can't get out the house so she ends up in what looks like an abandoned bedroom but which is actually the room of a female vampire. Or maybe not. She knocks over a book and finds a photo of her and her father outside the house, her fathers diary is there. Her name seems to be Yui. She isn't actually his daughter.

It seems that they have bitten her at the end, the show was only 15 minutes long!

Not too sure about this one, it looks nice, the music is good and it at least looks like it might have a darker side.

A quick look online tells me that this is adapt from a romance game? You can choose one of the brothers to go down a chosen "romantic" path with? Have I got that correct?

If so I am a little worried it'll lose my interest, not that it has much of it yet!

Personally I'd like it to go a opposite direction from the way I think it'll go. Personally I think the characters are all interesting and it is nice to see badass vampires! It depends how the "romance" comes into it to be honest!

The one thing I always hate about vampires is how sexual it all has to be, it is like Vampire = sex and it bores me. Get rid of the licking and the show would have actually excited me a lot more than it did.

I'll give it a go as it seems to have a nice look about it and some of the brothers are quite interesting. I like Reiji and Shu so would like to see more of them and I also think Kanato is sweet. In fact I liked all the characters other than the licking and if it hadn't been for the fact it is a romantic show I would probably love it.

My initial thought is that it is somewhere in between, I guess it could go either way and for that reason I will defo be tuning into watch it again. As the episodes are marginally shorter than most of the other anime's I watch it won't be so time consuming anyway even if I did dislike it.

A maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment