17 September 2013

DANGANRONPA : The Animation : Dash Towards the Youthful Junk Food of Despair Not Normal Arc

Episode 11

Well the Super Duper High School Despair was a bit of a let down. Menacing but didn't really do anything then be killed and blow up. Wonder if we'll find out that story behind that!

As it is Kirigiri has something to tell us all...

***SPOILERS***

That lift is looking really underpopulated now. Sad times!

Togami is right into accusing Kirigiri and he really did his homework. Kirigiri is right back at him dismissing one piece of evidence to put both herself and Naegi in the frame. Togami doesn't give up though he knows what the murder weapon was and they just so happened to find the breadcrumb trail in Kirigiri's room.

Monokuma seems to get bored therefore tells them all they have to vote. Just before it looks bad for Kirigiri she butts in and makes everyone believe it was Naegi (well after a well put speech I was actually proud of him for telling the others how strange the trial was.)

When the votes come in they come out Naegi....

Just as Naegi is meant to be squished Alter Ego shows up and saves him.

Down in the basement and Naegi wakes up.... How the hell did he see that Alter Ego saved him? 1. He was facing the wrong way and 2. He had his eyes closed....

Anyway he's in the basement with all the rubbish. It is as sad as it sounds.After a nap and Kirigiri comes to save him.

Kirigiri has realized that this was all one big ploy to get herself executed. The Despair was meant to kill Naegi in his sleep and then have the evidence point at Kirigiri, when she interrupted the murder attempt the "mastermind" killed the Despair instead to frame Kirigiri, which worked to a point.

Turns out the principal was Kirigiri's father, she'd lost touch with him when she was a kid and came to the school to meet him.

So we are redoing the trial in the final episode, the final showdown... And one special rule....

"If you manage to solve all of the mysteries that lay hidden in this school, your efforts will bear fruit - you'll win. However, if you fail to do that..." They'll be executed.

So without anyone else's agreement Kirigiri and Naegi agree to a final trial and puts all their lives on the line!

Well not long now till we know the truth hey?! Will be interesting that is for sure.

Though I do still have the one question of who the hell the Despair was? After all the school photo that has now been totally updated at the end of the show doesn't have 16 people it only has the 15 we started with.

Never mind.

Good episode though I do feel that the last two could have been done a lot better. That isn't really a bad thing as I've just said it is a good episode but I feel the threat of the Despair was great earlier in the series yet it faded and was just a plot point to make Kirigiri important. Really?

Most anime is about 12 episodes long and this is the one problem with this series, it could have easily been a lot longer and given us a chance to meet these students. If they'd had that breathing space I think the threat of the Despair and the fact that Kirigiri and Naegi believe they can put everyone's chips on the table would have played better. It didn't fail and it didn't ruin anything I just think it could have been a tiny bit better.

It is a small problem I have and it doesn't take away from what a great series this is.

The mystery comes to an end next week though and I can't wait for that!

This week?

I don't know, I don't like Kirigiri that much, the whole mysterious girl thing really didn't play out well what with some really great characters not sneaking about. I just think she's a bit bland and very bossy and I don't get why people would put up with her. I mean Togami is a git but at least that is it, he's a git and you see it and you love him for it, Genocider is a lunatic but you love her for it, Hagakure is a total idiot but you love him for it...

Kirigiri? What is to love?

I do feel like if the "reveal" next episode feels flat this episode will stick out along with next as a episode that could have made the finale even better.

I doubt it'll be flat though as the series has had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Really can't wait as I keep saying.

I'm kind of hoping they all get out alive though I am deadly curious to see who the hell is behind all this. Who the heck could it be?!

Don't get me wrong the episode was good and I loved the twist that Kirigiri got Naegi punished, it was an interesting twist in a story that has had more twists then I can count! Good going all round really.

No comments:

Post a Comment