7 September 2013

DANGANRONPA : The Animation : Dash Towards the Youthful Junk Food of Despair (Not) Normal Arc

Episode 10

A lesson to us all last week when we found the truth of Oogami/Ohgami's death. She killed herself to stop in-fighting, the lesson is get along and you'll survive.

Right there, the only real decent character taking her own life so the others can work together!

Ohh and let us not forget the name of Ikusaba Mukuro, the Super Duper High School Despair!

***SPOILERS***

So apparently there IS another floor!

They have a botanical garden which comes equipped with a storage shed and chickens, this is the last floor and they have a room filled with blood. Before we find out anymore Togami asks Kirigiri who she really is and she replies that she can't remember. Togami decides to restrict her movement as he doesn't believe her.

Turns out that Fukawa found a survival knife in another classroom. They give it to Naegi as he is the least likely to use it.

They get a message from a VERY angry Monokuma who is in the gym.... Beating up a fish. Apparently someones stolen his treasure. "I hope you all end up unemployed and homesless" I thought they were all going to die?

Kirigiri has Monobear's key, she's been into the principals office thanks to Oogami. She asks Naegi to distract Monokuma so that she can find out what the key is for and Naegi makes her pinky promise that if it is too dangerous she'll come back and leave it.

So Naegi goes and has a chat with Monokuma.

Actually I'd have loved much more student interaction with Monobear as it is pretty funny, he comes round the corner with a box on his head pretending to be a security camera. I love him. I want more Monokuma!

Naegi wakes to find a stranger in a mask at the end of his bed holding the knife that was entrusted to him by the rest of the students, but when he opens his eyes again it is Kirigiri at the end of his bed but he can't hear her. It seems Naegi might have a fever.... OR something... Or maybe not! Nope the masked man has the knife, so what did Kirigiri say to him?

When he wakes up he can't find anyone, finally they find them all in the gym taking apart a broken Monobear. They find a bomb inside, Hagakure is told that the bomb is vibration sensitive so he starts to shake but it turns out that Togami has already deactivated it.

So the masked person has been killed, for some reason after trying to remove the mask the corpse explodes.

So in we go to the data processing room after finding the key on the Super Duper High School Despairs corpse.

So Monobear shows up (fully alive again) and announces that this is all being broadcast to the nation! He leaves reminding them they have a classroom trial to prepare for! And isn't it about time that Kirigiri showed up again?

Wow was that an episode or what!

I love that they are finally working together though Kirigiri did get on my nerves this episode, I know she's trying to work in secret and having the whole load of them traipsing backwards and forwards together with her will catch Monokuma's attention but... I don't know why in the morning didn't she join them? I'm hoping she joins the team from now on.

Personally? The High School Despair wasn't needed, unless we get major background on her next episode or else when everything is explained in the end then why another student death? Have them find the key inside Monobear and then have the whole explanation bit. For me it was just pointless because nothing happened because of it! So she died, she hit Naegi once over the head a few weeks ago and it was never talked about again, she stole her knife back this episode after they found it and gave it to Naegi. What else did she really bloody do other than die?

Who killed her though would be an interesting question! I mean I'm guessing Togami blames Kirigiri but we all know it won't be her. So was it Monobear or was it the High School Despair herself?

I can't remember the exact words to the note but didn't she have a note in one of her books saying they'd never leave or something?

I'd also love to know what her face exploded!

I do feel this show was just too short, so many of these characters were brilliant but we never really got to know them and it could have been just a tiny bit better if only we had known the characters a bit better. I'd have LOVED to have a few episodes of them just enjoying themselves and making the most out of a bad situation but that didn't happen.

The episode was great though and I'm guessing we'll learn a lot about what is going on next episode! I'm hoping Kirigiri finally tells us what she's guessed or found out.

I just love the remaining characters to pieces and don't want to see anything else happen to them, I don't think my poor heart could take it!

The series has constantly been a high point of the season and anything I have against it purely comes down to "I want more!" Yes call me Oliver Twist and throw me down into the basement to sing, escape and find a better life full of lots of singing and weird things going on, it won't stop the fact that I'd have loved to know more about each character!

Next week should be explosive!

No comments:

Post a Comment