2 August 2013

DANGANRONPA : The Animation : Weekly Shounen Despair Magazine Not Normal Arc

Episode 5

So Naegi was a bed wetter! I'm hoping whoever the person in the "black" this episode is had a better secret then being a bed wetter.

And what is Xenocide Show?!

***SPOILERS***

So the trial begins!

We start by discussing the murder weapon. Blunt force trauma to the head...

I really hate the whole Naegi objecting, he's not exactly the smartest character there, fair enough when his friend died he did his best to find the killer but this one he's not attached to so why the hell would he use intelligence he doesn't have to figure it out?!

So Togami tells everyone who killed Fujisaka, Genocider Sho.

Right give me two seconds.... Right so last weeks translation was off, I apologize for confusing people I can't help it if the subs are off! Xenocide Show is actually Genocider Sho, a serial killer, and man does that make a lot more sense!

Fukawa is the serial killer, she is but she isn't... How does Naegi know about multiple personalities he's bloody dim (until the trials start!)

Hahaha awesome transformation. Super Duper High School Murderer! So much cooler this way. Though what is with the tongue? Apparently Sho didn't kill anyone. Scissors? SCISSORS!?! That is how they know it isn't her apparently becase she kills with scissors and only kills males. Naegi blames Togami as he read the book on Genocider Sho at his home so would be the only person able to copycat the murder. Fujisaki was actually male, I thought he was...Ohhh they've figured it out...

So Fujisaki had a matching track suit to whoever killed her and Ohwada lets slip that he knew he had a blue track suit even though no one actually said he had a blue one. Ishimaru is adorable, he won't believe that Ohwada would do that even when he's admitted to it so votes for himself in the vote. OMG HE IS ADORKABLE!

Ohwada and Fujisaki trained together, Fujisaki told him his secret. Ohwada's secret is a lot worse then any we've heard so far. He killed his own brother. Just he didn't really, his brother saved his life, that is pretty sad I have to say.

Well at least we won't have to see his stupid hair anymore!

He destroyed her handbook so no one would find out her secret, that is so sweet.

The Motocycle death cage, bye bye Ohwada!

Someone hug Ishimaru!

Hahaha there is another person! Who is number 16?!

So we are down to 10.

It is going quite fast I have to admit, I love the episode styles but feel like there could have been one extra episode before the first murder and another between the first and second murders. I'm starting to fall in love with a few characters more then I did before but I feel some of the "extra's" will only get some back story before they die... Like Ohwada. And Fujisaki.

I would like to know a little more about the characters but I guess with it being one season and we need to kill off a fair few more characters before it ends it was always going to be like this.

Still Monokuma, Monobear, whatever you want to call him, his "punishments" are awesome! I like how they are related to what that person does (baseball, motorcycles) I can't even find words to tell you how much I adore the animation during the punishment scenes.

I guess two things stood out this episode. Fukawa becoming cool all of a sudden as Genocider Sho. So cool. It is pretty funny that the person totally afraid of blood ended up being the serial killer! Probably not the most original of ideas but still pretty awesome.

The second being Ohwada and Ishimaru (and Fujisaki.) I will carry on moaning about wanting to know more about the characters etc but this episode showed just how deep they can go and just how much characters in this could mean to you. I mean I felt like crying after the story of Ohwada and Fujisaki and the grief of Ishimaru was just terrible.

I think from these types of things in the past you do "fall in love" with characters in time after a long period of development, having it all happen all of a sudden kind of scares me because there are one or two characters I really want to see more of their personality before they die but feel like they'll probably be next which sucks.

All in all though it was a great episode, I still can't stand Naegi but nearly all the other characters are interesting in their own manner.

Ohhh I can't wait for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment