2 July 2013

One Piece : Romance Dawn (Manga)

Chapter 1

We will never catch up, we will always carry on. I have been told to read One Piece and here I am reading One Piece and sharing the adventure with you!

So One Piece!

***SPOILER***

"Want my ultimate treasures? It's possible.... I will give them to those who can find them. I have gathered everything in this world and already hidden them in "that" place."

Monkey D. Luffy is doing something funny.... He jams a sword into his face. He wants to be a pirate.

The Pirate Leader Red Haired Shanks laughs at this as Luffy can't swim.Whilst teasing Luffy and everyone eating and drinking in walks someone who has never seen a pirate before. A bandit. They want 10 bottles of sake but the pirates have drank it all so Shanks offers the last bottle to the bandit leader who proceeds to smash it over his head.

The bandit is the most wanted criminal in the town, but Shanks seems more concerned with helping clean up the mess so the bandit hits him once more. Shanks and his men just laugh the moment off but Luffy calls him a coward and storms out not wanting to talk to him again. Shanks holds on to Luffy's arm and it starts to stretch...

It turns out he ate the fruit of rubber thinking it was dessert, he will be a man of rubber and never be able to swim!

The pirates are gone, and even though Luffy is happy being rubber he doesn't seem to have forgiven the pirates for the bandit incident. Makino the bar owner tells him that "people who could laugh it off after getting picked on are pretty brave" but Luffy isn't happy about it. But whilst talking about the missing pirates the bandits come back. The bandits kidnap Luffy who attempts to fight them. the bandits think of selling him to a circus as Luffy tries to fight them. The cheif comes to pay the bandits off apologizing for whatever it was that Luffy did to upset them. Just as the bandit looked like he was going to kill Luffy Shanks returns and gets angry. 

The bandit throws Luffy off the boat and then we get a flashback of what started it all off, the bandits had called Shanks a coward. Whilst the bandits boat gets eaten by a fish Shanks saves Luffy. Yes and Shanks has had his arm ripped off.

Shanks and his crew are leaving but they leave Luffy with a present, his hat.

10 years later and Luffy is on his way and he's been practicing! 

"A long journey has begun"

So One Piece?

I've been looking for something to read since I caught up with Fairy Tail and One Piece was the series everyone told me I'd like. So chapter one?

I really enjoyed it, I love Shanks he is such a brilliant character and I love how the pirates are normal and not gun-ho. 

The whole bandits v pirate thing was funny especially the fact the pirates didn't bother to rise to the bandits until they threatened their friend. But why no rum? Isn't that what pirates should be drinking? Disgraceful! Or grog... 

I also like openings that are slow and to the point and really introduce a character well which this did. It is the same with Fairy Tail and why I've stuck with that, Lucy came alive in chapter one and so has Luffy.

I have no knowledge of One Piece at all but from this one chapter I've fallen in love with at least two characters and the sweetness of Shanks only wanting Luffy to be safe is cute! Plus the big one that took out all the bandits was awesome.

I can see that it'll have something in there for me to be honest, it seems like it'll be interesting to give it a try! 

I do like pirates as well so it was always going to be interesting for me and I do think on the basis of chapter one I'll be continuing! 700 odd chapters we'll be doing this for a long time. Is there anyone out here who will take the plunge into One Piece with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment