10 July 2013

One Piece : The First Crew Member

Chapter 6

Luffy has his first member of his crew! Zoro has agreed to join him.

Now all they have to do is survive their battle with the Marines!

***SPOILERS***

Of course the Marines are confused as to how Luffy survived but Morgan is quick to realize he's eaten a "Devils Fruit".

Whilst Luffy takes his time the Marines close in with their swords but with his three swords (and finally untied) Zoro is able to defend against them all. He has terrified the life out of the Marines. Zoro lays down his terms to Luffy, he'll join his crew but he has his own goal to become the greatest swordsman and if Luffy gets in the way he'll have him cut open his stomach to apologize.

Well I just have to say that Morgan is a piece of work! After being taken out by Luffy he demands that anyone who said they weren't strong enough kill themselves and they were going to do it! So Luffy steps in to defeat him. About time! And he gets the upper hand too, but whilst in mid punch Helmeppo takes Coby hostage who demands that Luffy carries on because he is not afraid of death. Helmeppo gets a pistol punch in the face and Morgan is taken down by Zoro!

And even though that seems really short that is that chapter done with!

Wow. Just wow. Really enjoyed it as a first proper fight.

I don't like over powered heroes so later on Luffy might annoy me with the whole rubberness but I'm ignoring it at the moment like I ignored Natsu's fire eating. Zoro intrigues me though, such an interesting character and his three swords are just awesome! Already they are working like a cohesive unit which will be fun.

And if Coby's dreams have been ended then will he join Luffy?! I do like Coby....

Morgan really is something, a good bad guy though as even his own men are afraid of him. I mean to have his own men about to shoot themselves in the head? Just because they thought their opponent was stronger than them?!

Happy Helmeppo got a punch in the face though he really was doing my head in!

A really good chapter felt so short as well, before I knew it I was on chapter 7 thinking "where the hell did that chapter go" which is brilliant. More brilliant for me as I have the next chapter waiting but brilliant overall because when you have a week to wait for chapters you need ones like this that feel like nothing so you can't wait for the next one to come out!

I'm already imagining the adventures that we'll have with Luffy and Zoro!

It was a short battle but a good one and also means we can move on next chapter and start looking for crew member two. Or three. Because I want Coby to be in the crew. I will sulk if he leaves, when he leaves or whatever. I want to be in a Coby fan group. Coby!

No comments:

Post a Comment