31 July 2013

My favorite rant : Hypocritical fans

Yes its that time to rant about something that really annoys me.

Fans who like to bitch and moan about the driver/actor/character/singer/person/team/thing they dislike but then act all "poor us" when the tables are turned.

You know what?

If YOU can't find anything nice to say about something then don't open your mouth or tweet it or whatever if you can't take it when someone says the same about your favorite!

I like one of the most disliked F1 drivers in the world, I also like quite a disliked MotoGP rider. Plus on Tumblr and on forums a lot of my favorite characters from films or TV are marmite characters you either love or hate.

Personally if I dislike someone I'll say it, even if I admit that I like a similar quality in another person. Sometimes people just rub you up the wrong way (even if you don't know them!) and yes it hurts when other fans act like just because I'm a fan of X,Y or D that I'm a terrible person, or big headed, or this or that...

I dislike Michael Schumacher, he annoyed me. I never was a fan and I have my reasons. My best friend is a Schumi fan, I'd never hold that against her (much) and she'd never hold it against me that I'm an Alonso fan. Some of the things she says about Alonso make me cringe because I hold the total opposite view of him as a person but she's a right to say that and we laugh and joke about it! I'd never make a sweeping generalization of Schumi fans because I know one who is great, if anything my view on Schumi fans are they are some of the most knowledgeable fans around! Schumacher himself is still a cheating git but hey ho you can't win every battle...

One friend, who I love to bits, spends most of a race weekend moaning about how she'd rather that Spanish git didn't get on the podium or how if any other team/driver did something Alonso did they'd be fined and so on and so forth. She's a Vettel fan, arguable a driver who has recently gotten away with a lot of things she accuses Alonso of, does this enter into her mind? No because as it is her driver any penalty would be too much even if he got out of his car, set the track on fire and then drove over the finishing line demanding the race be stopped. No matter what he does it doesn't matter and any time Alonso is punished its the right thing to do but is forgotten when he doesn't get punished in the way she wants it.

Now she also has this thing about how hard done by Vettel fans are.

Well no.

I dislike Vettel as well but I have nothing against his fans.

Yes I have a problem with some fans, I have a problem with Alonso fans too, that is down to individuals and not because they are a fan of a certain driver.

So I'm not allowed to be critical of Vettel and what he does just in case I'm giving too much "shit" to Vettel fans?

Try being a bit nicer to other drivers yourself before you play the poor me card!

I mean come on if you are going to rant and rave about one driver then you can't be surprised that fans of another driver might rant and rave about yours.

As I've said before (in the Should Fans boo post) I prefer that people are honest (not mean just honest) about the drivers they like and dislike rather then start hate campaigns against them or attack other fans and their opinion.

Guess what? We can like and dislike different drivers, we can bad mouth drivers and decisions all we want but fans shouldn't take another fan disliking their favorite driver to heart, after all in all likely hood you dislike their favorite driver. Their view isn't against you personally (if it is they aren't worth talking to) just the same as yours for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment