17 July 2013

Makai Ouji : Devils and Realists : Pillar One : Devils and Realists

Episode 1

Yes that title looks a bit messy but what can I do about that?

This seems to be demon goodness but also I've heard there is no female characters in episode one at all! Something different... Well lets begin (I do love the name of this one though, it does stand out quite a bit!)

***SPOILERS***

From the start beautiful looking and some awesome music. For a moment I thought we were lied to but that is a guy (Solomon) he's called a demon forth.

The opening credits piqued my interest as well as some of these characters are so cool looking I can't wait to encounter them!

William Twining is introduced after the credits, top of his class. His friend Isaac is totally adorable, fairies, trolls... He believes them all, what an adorable little thing! William returns to find out that his family went bankrupt, his uncle has wasted the money and his house has been cleared out and it also means that his school tuition fee won't be paid. His butler is staying though and seems quite loyal and sweet. The butlers name is Kevin.

Just as Kevin is trying to convince himself there is no such thing as hidden doors they seem to find one. I'm happy there is a small bit of fun in this as well as the serious it is obviously going to end up being at some point.

Anyway after breaking through a door and bleeding onto the magic circle/symbol he manages to call Dantalion, the demon who Solomon summoned. Hehe they tie up Dantalion and then call the police.

Back in the room and William is swallowed by some dark misty thing... Yep that is the technical term and I'm sticking with it. He's sent to hell or at least Dantalion's house. Even faced with a goat headed man William doesn't believe anything he's told.

Gilles de Rais is super cool, destroys Dantalion's home and looks like a women! Nephilim is what Dantalion is leader of. Gilles tries to take William but Dantalion makes it back in time to save him. With a click of his fingers he brings back his house which is good news because I was felling sorry for him having his house destroyed.

The fighting is quite cool but it wouldn't matter if it wasn't, the characters are pretty awesome. To be honest my two favorite characters so far are the butlers!

Ohh Transfer student.... Yep its Dantalion! Though I don't like his student look he's much cooler as a demon.

This series will be awesome. No other description for it. Perfect balance of serious and funny, some awesome characters and a lot of cool ideas all thrown into one.

If anything it has a Kevin.

Yes I love the butler, please say he sticks with William!

I couldn't find one thing I love more about this anime. The story was good and strong, I loved all the characters and it was beautifully presented.

Demons, well that has to be fun even if we have to put up with a little bit of religious talk it should be interesting to see what happens. I quite like that it used Gilles de Rias, at first the name meant nothing the moment it went on about serial killers it hit me who they were talking about! I was sitting there thinking he looked very French and had a French name I should have joined the dots (this is the person that couldn't tell that the dogs voice and the guys voice were the same in Dog and Scissors and it took me so long to figure out he'd be the dog...)

I love how funny William's character is and his little sidekick was great. But Kevin is my favorite character and I do love the goat butler.

This is something that suits me perfectly and it is right at the top of my list to keep watching. Lets hope it is this strong the whole way through! And if we're going into hell I'm guessing we'll have a heaven and angels?

Really excited about this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment