12 July 2013

Love Lab : The Two That Met

Episode 1

Based on the name I'm not too sure, I haven't seen much of it yet so can't say one way or the other if I think it'll be for me but lets find out shall we?

***SPOILER***

Another girls academy and someone who looks strangely like Haruna from Zombies and who seems to be able to play football. She's called the "Wild One" or "Wild Riko" not sure why she just seems to like sports.

Now we have a Princess too called Maki.

Its going to be a lesbian thing isn't it?

Maki is caught practicing kissing on some kind of punch bag. She then goes fro suicidal to deadly to bribing Riko not to tell people she caught her kissing the thing.

Riko agrees without realizing to help Maki practice falling in love.

If it wasn't for the fact I find the two characters really annoying I might enjoy it a bit more. Maki slowly grew on me but not enough that I found the jokes any funnier. It tuns out that Maki kind of scared away the old council president, banned the treasurer for being scary and the secretary is so shy they never see her.

Maki did make me laugh once with her running technique.

That did not interest me one bit, I might keep an eye on other reviews etc and see where it goes as there is lots of potential for comedy in it but not in this episode for me.

The two main characters aren't bad. I didn't hate them I just felt indifferent, and in the past (Free!) the characters have saved the episodes for me whereas in this they didn't.

I guess it might just be me being not a big advocate of "love" I don't do romantic things usually so the fact they are trying to find out the mysteries of love whilst falling in love doesn't interest me that much. Maki is pretty funny, she only got one laugh out of me but she was quite a good character. Riko.... Was too masculine I think. The jokes of "Now Riko knows how boys feel" didn't work because to be honest it would have been funnier between a boy and a girl then it was between Riko who acted like a boy and another girl who acted over the top like a girl.

I won't be watching the second episode unless I see something that makes it sound like it was funnier then this episode but it doesn't fill me with great joy to be honest.

I'm not saying that the show is bad, this isn't a "don't watch it because it is terrible" blog this is more a reserved "not my kind of thing" blog.

There is potential to interest me later in the series which would mean after the series has ended I will probably go back and watch it all the way through but with other anime's that I have found their first episode OMG I NEED TO WATCH this is something I can easily give up.

Again I said it before but if anyone IS watching this anime, stumble on this blog and wants to tell me the reasons to keep watching I might watch a bit of it! I'm not totally against it, it is just another blog I'd need convincing to keep with.

No comments:

Post a Comment