9 July 2013

Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku : Going Home Group Applicants

Episode 1

So once more I have no idea whatsoever what this anime is about so I'm going into this in the dark.

***SPOILERS***

We start by learning about hooded seal.

Then we go to club recruiting day with Andou Natsuki who has just become a high school student. Suddenly she comes face to face with a hooded seal? Or at least a person in a seal costume. In the classroom she meets Furuhashi who asks her which club she's planning on joining. She says she's planning on joining the Going Home Group, suddenly Touno Karin comes up and asks if she really is joining.

I think Natsuki thought it was a made up group because she is shocked to be taken to it to "observe" the group. The club has its own room and everything!

The opening credits are interesting but plain (why do I comment on these? Well some intrigue me more then the openings tend to, also as the only thing that is consistent in every episode is the credits it is nice to get a feeling on whether I'd want to watch that every time. Of course I don't have to watch it every time but you get what I'm saying?)

So the members!

Sixteenth heir to the ancient Hagizuki-ryuu martial arts style Oohagi Botan.
Daughter of the head of the Kokonoe Corporation Kokonoe Claire.
Proud bearer of type A blood, born under the sign of Taurus (like me!) Doumyouji Sakura!

And yes the president is just a normal person! And the seal mascot was one of them too. Yeah by saying she wants to go home Natsuki has shown that she has super Going Home spirit!

I don't know it seems like a nice group so not sure why Natsuki doesn't like it so much! Karin has gone funny after being told she can call Natsuki Nat-chan. Well I guess it has something to do with the fact she doesn't know what they do.

The club is basically a club to have fun and remember what it is to be a kid. We then get a little bit focusing on Botan and Claire before the anime ends.

Yes you might get the idea that I didn't like it from the fact I haven't actually said much about what has happened yet.

To be honest I'd bore you trying to describe what happened. It was sweet, Botans "Bear Tour" story and Claire being totally unaware of the meaning of money.

Thing is the anime hinges on the fact that you'll like the characters. There isn't much plot this time as it is a "getting to know them" episode. Which is all good and fine but if this is all there is to it I'll soon be turning off.

The characters are fun, I do enjoy watching them, the comedy is a little all over the place but it's made up for by having characters that you instantly like. Unless you don't like them, then this isn't for you!

I'm stuck on whether I like it or not but this is a good thing as I will be watching again next week, but if there isn't more to it or the story at least calms down then I doubt I'll watch it for long. I liked the jokes, loved the characters and thought the whole story was really sweet but it was kind of like three or four mini-episodes all conjoined into one and that format will get boring if it happens every week.

I usually like animes to have a point, a proper story before I'll start watching it. Fairy Tail I loved from episode one because we knew we were going to go on amazing adventures with Lucy and Natsu, Karneval I loved because I had the mystery of Karoku and fell in love with Nai and Gareki and wanted to see what would happen to them, SAO had a story, I thought it was badly pieced together, but I genuinely felt for the characters stuck in the game from day one... This I like because of the characters but I will certainly be bored if it is just a load of randomness thrown together every week. I mean I don't want an involved story line or something just... You know. Characters developing things happening (not always muddled up and all over the place) it could suffer from what Nyaruko-san did with it being too all over the place and make me lose interest.

But for the sake of the characters another anime I will be watching this season! The anime is destined to join Zombies on Thursday or else Fairy Tail on a Friday depending on whether I'm working or going out in the evening. Most probably Fridays but I'll aim high and say Thursdays!

I really hope I do love this series as so far I've enjoyed the characters, it just felt rushed and all over the place. Calm it down a bit and it'll be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment