15 July 2013

Kami-Sama no Inai Nichiyoubi : Valley of Death I

Episode 1

I'm led to believe this is one of the more serious anime's in the season. The word Mythology has been bandied about which got me excited (I know it was basically "setting up the Mythology of the series" but that is enough to get me excited!)

***SPOILERS***

First impressions are good as it is a very beautifully put together anime.

The girl Ai is a Gravekeeper, the planet she is on was created by a God who left them on the seventh day. The day he died people stopped dying. The Gravekeepers are Gods final gift to these people. Only burials from a Gravekeeper can give the dead final rest.

***AHHH THERE'S A ANNA IN THE SHOW BWAHAHAHAHA***

Ai's father is called Humpnie Humbert. No I am not joking, that is the name she gave us. Humpnie Humbert. Humpnie.... Humbert....

One day after returning from making graves for everyone in the village (in a cute way, that sounds much worse then it is) we return to the events at the beginning. The guy that "killed" the whole village, yes we could have guessed it a mile off he is Humpnie Humbert! Ai's idea of what her father is made me giggle.

He takes her into the village and shows her all the dead people, he killed them all by the looks of it. One of the villagers tried to grab at her (they can't die obviously) but Humbert saves her from him, not that I think he was going to do anything he was just a little crazy about being stared at after being shot in the head. Yes Humbert killed them all but he tells her he didn't kill them. He takes her to bury all the villagers, the poor girl.

With no where to go she decides to follow Humpnie around. He tells the girl the name Humpnie Humbert is just a fairy tale, a name of a toy that won't stop moving and that she can't be a gravekeeper because they just appear they don't have parents like she did. Then behind her comes a real gravekeeper...

I'm not sure how I feel about it. The actual show is beautiful to look at and the characters seem interesting enough. I really like Ai, yeah she is the normal oblivious little girl but she's actually a lot of fun and I'd like to hear more of her story. So she isn't a Gravekeeper? Well for her to be a main character there will have to be something important about her!

And what is Humbert's real name? I'd like to hear more about the story of Humpnie Humbert if only because I'm a sucker for new stories! Why did he have to come and kill all the people in the village? It seems very over the top and for no reason!

The premise of the show is quite interesting, their God left them and left them with eternal life of sorts. Why did their God just decide, this isn't for me after all? Will their God return?

The Gravekeeper we did see was super AWESOME! And even though nearly all the characters we meet in this episode are dead they leave a lasting impression!

To be honest I'll need to keep going with this one before I can decide if I like it or not. It passed some sort of "First Impression" hurdle that I set for it. I feel there is so much more to the story and to the characters and can't wait to find out.

On the other hand it has a "Claymore" feel to it. Claymore interested me a little to begin with but I soon lost all interest in it and have only watched about 5 episode without losing my mind whilst trying to sit and watch it. I have a feeling that might happen to this one too but I'm willing to try it and carry on regardless.

One of the more artisticly pleasing anime's but the story better stay top notch to keep me interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment