17 July 2013

Gin no Saji : Welcome to Ezonoo

Episode 1

You will be sick of hearing this but again I don't know anything about this one other then there was a baby cow in a picture I saw in a preview. Yes I look at previews and don't READ them. Shoot me now I'm lazy...

***SPOILERS***

Department of Dairy science... Its about farmers?! FARMERS?! Exciting stuff.

Heh our main character doesn't seem to like cows, probably the wrong job choice for him...

I have to say one thing about watching the WHOLE season we do get some strange anime's. This is one of those really random ones, though by the opening credits it seems there will be some sort of love story as well as the weird cow thing.

He's got lost chasing the calf who then... Chomps his manly bits. Poor lad scared himself half to death. A girl (Mikage) shows up on a beast of a horse! It really is like 20 times the size of a normal horse.

We get an introduction to all the main characters and why they are here. Reasons starting from running a family business to wanting to open a cheese business. So we are Team A for the next three years! I do like Team A. Our team is deadly cool though. Hehe they help to catch chickens just to see them beheaded right away.

They are sent to collect eggs from a battery, I don't care if they call it a coop it isn't it is a battery. I'm guessing we are getting a lesson in chickens. Do we give kids a silver spoon? I thought silver spoons were for the rich?

Now this is funny, "IT CAME FROM THE ANUS! THE ANUS!!" he can't get over where eggs come from poor thing. When he finally does eat an egg "DAMN YOU ANUS! HOW CAN SOMETHING SO TASTY COME FROM AN ANUS!" yes this is my kind of show! We get information on chickens and the main character is obsessed with chickens anus's!

Now THIS is something unique. I don't think I've ever heard of a anime like this at all.

I love everything about it, it is educational but also has all the charm in the world. Nice characters (Team A rule!) a good main character to carry it on and it is just sweet.

I'll be watching this one for sure but I'm not sure what we'll get out of it. I guess it'll be more a journey for the main character, falling in love? Finding out what he wants to do. He doesn't have a dream and it made him feel like a bit of a loser so maybe he finds something in all this hard work that he wants to do.

Plus the whole load of them look so friendly by the end of it I get the feeling I'll have a Fairy Tail family feel to the Team and will want to come back.

The episode was a lot of fun, really different. I mean it is still a school anime but set on a farm and the boys outnumber the girls and the girls wear appropriate clothing for farm work and not miniskirts.

I just love how different it is and it adds on to what I feel is quite a different feel to a season. I guess it is just my first go and I'll get used to it but I don't think (as I said) I've ever even heard of a anime quite like this before.

OK I did get carried away laughing about him not being able to get over that a chicken egg comes from a chickens anus, that was quite funny! I mean he's not a grown man but still how does he not know where an egg comes from by the time he is in high school?!

I guess it will also open my eyes to the way Japan does farming. Living in Plymouth we got quite a bit of farming lessons at times purely because there were so many farms around where we live. I don't know a lot about farming or anything, that isn't what I'm saying, but I was always very interested in it and it will really interest me to learn how different it is in Japan. I mean the whole chicken battery thing we learn so much at school because its cruel, they even say that the west think its cruel but they find it amazing how efficient it is. I like it when the anime's give you an insight into a different culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment