16 July 2013

Blood Lad : She's a skeleton now

Episode 1

Blood Lad... Doesn't that just sound like something I'd watch right off the bat? I believe it is about vampires? Possibly... Just love the sound of the name and what preview photos I've seen of the episode look like it'll be right up my street!

***SPOILERS***

He is a vampire, living in the Demon World who loves humans and doesn't want to go to the human world and suck their blood.

Staz is the name of our vampire. Some how a female human has managed to get into the Demon World....

The opening credits are pretty cool and we get a first look at some of our characters including a werewolf and a girl dressed as Jason kind of.

Staz is a territory boss, the Demon World is seperated into territories I'm not sure I want to see any other boss! This one is a bit of a handful but deadly cute! If they ever do this as a live action thing I think it would work with Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Staz as he just reminds me of Mintz-Plasse (or is it I just find Mintz-Plasse and Staz cute? And I also keep wanting to write Strax so apologies if I turn out territory boss into a evil potato dwarf...)

Whilst Staz has a hissy fit about Final Fantasy (yes I guessed that go me!) outside there is trouble brewing, but talking to the human is more important apparently.

I don't think Staz has a crush more blood lust... A bit of "the vampire protests too much" but it finally sends him out to sort out the problem with the Demon eating plants. Wow he squeezed the heart of his enemy... Amazing!

He comes back to find her naked on his bed.... She's a ghost apparently and he's decided to bring her back to life. We know she's a ghost because of a triangle on her head apparently. Yanagi is the name of the girl. She came in through a black curtain. Staz wants to go with her to the human world.

It just so happens that Deku finds a mimic who wants to be in the gang just as he plans to go to the Human World so no one has to know that he's gone.

It is very funny and charming. I already like all the characters we've met especially the two main characters Yanagi and Staz. I like the concept as well, gangs of Demons in "territories" and they are all dressed like normal everyday gangs too in hoodies and all that.

It is an enjoyable anime, I don't think it'll be as serious as say Zombie Desu ka but it has the charming characters and story that Zombie's has.

Staz looks very much like Death the Kid to be honest but he is such a funny character, the fact that he had a crush on the human but really just wanted her blood and then ignored her completely when she was a ghost was funny.

I'm really hoping for some good fun adventures and a nice little story in this series, it has the beginnings of a great show and I'd hate for it to peeter off. The first episode nicely made it clear the intent of the characters and gave easy enough solutions to problems arising. It was quite a fast paced but nicely timed episode.

I did really enjoy the show as I kind of guessed I would, the characters all look super cool as well which helps! I do wonder if someone that worked on Soul Eater is working on this as a few of the characters look very similar in style to Soul Eater.

Anyway Demons, Vampires, weird three-eyed animals... This anime seems to have it all and I'm excited to see where it goes with this theme! Something a little different!

No comments:

Post a Comment