9 June 2013

Karneval : Tears of the Beast Handler

Episode 10

So Tsukumo is now with Karoku, after trying to run away she ran straight into his open arms. How will she escape and will the others be able to help?

Plus it Tsukumo has found Karoku it can't be long till the reunion we've been waiting for happens.

***SPOILERS***

A boat slowly comes down a river with Tsukumo's lifeless body in it surrounded by rose petals, Hirato comes and grabs her telling onlookers that she is in a state of clinical death and revives her. So she was used to leave a message?

I still love the opening credits for this series, one of my favorites ever.

Yukkin is back! He's sat on the end of Yogi's bed. Gareki and Nai are made to clean up and come across a rabbit robot thing with hair balls that Nai then brushes... Yes it is going to have one of these moments. Tsubame is still alive? Thank God she is! Kiichi doesn't seem to like the Second Ship (she's always mean to Yogi) and suddenly Gareki is getting taught the hard way that they don't think he is good enough to be on the ships. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to spell Gareki's friends name but  by the end of the episode I'll have it written in the labels so I'll be able to reference it from now on, as the rabbits take Nai to him and Nai opens up that he doesn't want Gareki hurt because of him. Other than Yogi this is the only other guy that is actually half nice to anyone.

I had to pause the episode because two of my favorite characters came on together. Yogi tried escaping out of a window and told the nurse to tell Akari something else and Akari pulls him back on the bed. Poor Yogi! He's sure they are being bullied, Yogi is adorable he's crying. Someone hug him, hug him please I love him so much!

First Ship do seem to be made out of a load of mean bullies. Jiki is being weird. There have been poachers though the First Ship guys are sure that it is Varuga. Gareki meanwhile is being told where the power of the Circus members come from. One of the animals it turns out have been turned into a Varuga and one of the life guards wanted to save her. Ohhh Yogi saves Nai! It turns out that the guy had given Kiri a drug because he/she had died and he didn't want anything to happen to him/her (I didn't catch if Kir was male or female. It looks like some kind of horse type thing.)

Gareki be nicer to Yogi! Though it is so cute! It is the first time that Yogi has heard Gareki say his name and he is pleased as punch, he apologises for what happned back on Rinoll and is determined to get them home. The whole team is reunited with Tsukumo. It turns out that the big bully Jiki is being sent to look after Nai and Gareki, boo!

People looking after Karoku don't seem to think he'll last long, and he seems to be listening to Gareki and Nai talking. It seems Gareki is starting to warm to the Second Ship. Ohh and the end just made me giggle like hell! Akari I love you as much as I love Yogi and OMG YUKKIN!

Another episode with very little threat but as I've been asking for a while a little more on the other Ship characters.

Jiki never seemed like a jerk until now, I guess he isn't really being a jerk now either to be honest but there is something. Has Tsukitachi (see, got it!) sent him to look after Nai and Gareki? Did he ask to look after them? What is the First Ships problem anyway?! They see Yogi as being nice as being a weakness, though Kiichi just seems to have one of those personalities. I guess this is leading up to Gareki wanting to join Circus? Its possible he'll want to be trained with them now that Jiki has been a bit of a jerk.

Yogi wins the whole world though. His cuteness is unrivaled. Akari is amazing but he's not cute. Yogi is my perfect character.

I think I love this series so much because it doesn't dwell on having to have a bad guy, there is this story arc going through the episodes but they have focused on bringing all these wonderful and colorful characters to life. Again this episode there was no threat, there was nothing really but character development but it didn't bore me. In fact I wanted it to be an hour long and have way more about Kiichi and Jiki.

I'll have to write a blog about Yogi to be honest because there isn't enough time or space in a review blog to tell you how much he breaks my heart!

To be honest I didn't like how the First Ship treated Gareki and Nai, especially Nai. They know that Nai isn't human yet they were so cold to him, but I guess that is their job. I wouldn't mind an episode totally away from Nai and Gareki with some of the other members (Tsukitachi, Akari, Hirato, Kiichi, Jiki, Eva and Azana all need a little more developing, some more than others) maybe a mission that Gareki and Nai get left behind on, or have them kidnapped by Karoku and the others have to find them. Just something so we get a little more background on them.

I'd like by the end of the series (and I mean this series not by the time they stop making it which I hope will be far off into the future) we know a little more about Circus, we learn a little all the time but I'd like a full picture.

The episode was another winner for me, this series goes from strength to strength. Before next week I'll reread my episode one review and compare it to my feelings now because I remember Nai being the weakest point of the show back then but if I watched episode one tomorrow he wouldn't be, he's like our little baby now and we want Yogi and Gareki to keep him safe!

I do hope Yukkin becomes Akari's mascot now.... Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment