22 June 2013

Fairy Tail : In order to live today to the fullest

Chapter 336

This week the counter attack starts! Because last week they were given a minute back after Ultear sacrificed herself.

I wasn't happy with that conclusion so will I be any happier this week?

***SPOILERS***

The answer is...

Probably not.

So finally we get to know what Lucy found out in the diary. It was her future self's notes and it tells them that if they destroy the gateway then F.Rogue won't have a gateway to come back from the future in. So they go about trying to destroy it, just magic won't work on it.

Meanwhile Natsu is still fighting F.Rogue and giving him a lecture whilst he's at it. F.Rogue's intentions seem to have been born out of watching his friends die, it would actually be more interesting to find out how F.Rogue went from just being tortured by this to being so set on destroying everything before Acnologia has a chance to do it.

That does not leave a happy Natsu, as you can guess Natsu wants everyone in the present to have the choice to walk their own paths and make their own futures, why should F.Rogue get to dictate how they move forward?

Whilst battling Natsu sends F.Rogue and Mother Glare (is it Mother Glare, can't remember the Dragons name now!) flying into the Eclipse Door.....

Yeah Natsu saves the day by the looks of it.

F.Rogue is down, the Gateway (doorway, whichever you want to call it) has been destroyed. Surely the day has been truly saved?

If so I'll be slightly disappointed!

I always knew it would be Natsu that saved the day but it didn't stop me wanting to see others try and help in that cause. Snapshots of some of the Dragon Slayers fighting isn't enough. Why bring back Cobra if we are only getting a few little pictures of him? To me this will feel the same as a lot of the "endings" to things in this arc. Totally and utterly plastered over and rushed.

I think any disappointment is down to how long the arc has been and how it feels like "yeah I've had enough of this now on to the next plot". I'm not saying that is what happened, of course I'm not saying that, and I'm not saying I hated it either. I guess I got excited over the whole 7 Dragon Slayer nonsense and thought that we'd get to see some really cool battle. We didn't get to see it, we got to see Natsu being badass and the others failing to really do anything. That is disappointing because it isn't something we usually have happen in Fairy Tail, usually all characters get the same amount of treatment just Natsu saves the day and gets a tiny bit more page time then the rest of the guys. This time its just been about Natsu and everyone else has been totally useless.

Funnily enough this will still probably be one of my top three favorite arcs in Fairy Tail so it isn't all doom and gloom. There have been some really good moments, some really sweet moments and it has been lovely seeing so many new and exciting characters and getting to know them. I mean it isn't even over yet, the arc isn't over until the next one starts! But unless we get something big happening next chapter it feels kind of... Ended. But not really ended.

I might be eating my words next chapter though so watch this space!

The chapter felt rushed. It had to give us a way to save the day AND having that happen "by accident" all within less then 20 pages? The minute Lucy told them to destroy the Gateway I knew that Natsu would sooner rather than later fall into it.

There have been some really good and really bland chapters ever since the New Year, this one is a bland one but not without its merits. Laxus was in it to start with, that always makes it better, and I feel it really is the stepping stone into the next part of the story or even a new story.

Again this reminds me that I'll really need to read the whole arc again from start to end after it has ended, I might feel a lot different after doing that then I do now!

No comments:

Post a Comment