24 May 2013

Start of my Malifaux Army

I can't remember if I ever posted that I was starting a Malifaux army... Well I am. I (not that it'll suprise you) have gone for the Neverborn and jumped straight in there with The Dreamer and Lord Chompy Bits.

It might have been obvious I'd go for them (look at their faction pure me really) but to be fair I was torn. If you stumble on this blog searching for Malifaux information... Sorry you won't find much. I'm not big on playing I love the painting. Therefore even though I will build a Dreamer army up I will be buying a LOT of stuff outside Neverborn. I have this whole Circus thing in my head...

Anyway...


TADA! Lord Chompy Bits.




I worked on all my starter box to be fair but I only took a picture of him before starting real work on them. How pretty does he look in purple!


So far this is where I have gotten to on his front, I don't know why I've chosen green for his cover up but it was the only color that kind of... Stood out without being too bright. At first I was going to make him a lot brighter but then I thought I'd prefer him darker so when it came to painting his cover up I wasn't too sure what to do.

Next week I am going to start putting detail on his horns, I want them to look like bone, at the moment, especially the spiky bits on his tail which I think is flesh but decided to make bone, it all looks a bit meh in real life but hopefully I'll get some decent detail on there.


Here are my two Stitched Togethers. The effect is actually a lot better in the photos then they look in real life, and they did get washed so are a little darker now. Basically a kind of Oogie Boogie green thing going on.



With the very little bone bit they had to be fair it looks fine. It'll be the front of these barstards that get me though with all the worms and stuff falling out of their guts!



Other than a base coat my Dreamer has had nothing done to him yet. Why is he brown at the moment? Well at first I was gonna make him look like Crona from Soul Eater but then I decided I'll give him a purple hair do but have him in a sack instead of a night shirt. Yeah I haven't done anything to him other than the base coat....



Coppelius is similar to the Dreamer other than I have started painting his clothing. I'm going to have it black with highlighted areas in purple and maybe purple pin strip trousers. Other than that I haven't done anything to him.


I plan on going out painting again next week at Giants Lair (a brilliant place to go for this kind of thing, brilliant atmosphere run by really nice people) so if I do I'll update you all on how these guys look. When I get paid I plan on buying a few more pieces.

Problem with that is... What am I going to buy?

(Dark Debits box set looks likely...)

No comments:

Post a Comment