29 May 2013

Mawaru Penguindrum : Descension of a Princess

Episode 4

Last week destiny and fate played a big part in everyone's life. One day Shou and Kanba are harmlessly stalking Ringo, then hours later Ringo becomes best friends with Himari after a failed attempt at making her love interest curry.

Will the boys get closer to the Penguindrum this episode?

***SPOILER***

Before I start you'll never guess what?! I saw Penguindrum on sale in HMV the other day *dances* meaning I'm probably going to buy the series on DVD as soon as I can, I might not have the money next month as I should be going to Beer for a Doctor Who/Star Wars day so will be short on money, but you don't know how stupidly happy it made me feel when I thought that I write this blog every Tuesday *cough*.

Ringo is back in Himari's kitchen making eggs, which totally takes Shou by surprise. Not only that but the evil cat of destiny is squirted by a skunk, serves the bloody git right!

She's made them for a date and Shou has figured out that it is for his teacher. Kanba volunteers Sho to go to the park with Ringo as Kanba is busy for the day. And apparently the skunk is the top news story.

On the train Shou and Ringo talk about fate and destiny and we get a flash back to the two boys talking about what Ringo said at dinner. How I love Kanba and the fact he just sticks a tea cup on the head of his penguin, better than Shou and the candle. They've figured out that it has to be something written down so Shou is out looking for some kind of note or book.

Ringo see's a poster for a new play about Fated Love and goes into a fantasy about her and her "Prince" the scene is totally awesome like a pop up book type thing. Plus her fantasies are very entertaining.

Ringo gets attacked by the skunk so she dresses in Shou's clothes. The teacher confuses Shou for Ringo's boyfriend which is so funny. But it isn't just Shou who is joining them but Yuri the girl from the teachers apartment last episode. It also turns out that she is playing the real part of the lady in the play that Ringo is day dreaming about. This isn't going to end well, we get another day dream and poor Ringo is turned into a frog.

Kanba's penguin is a total perv....

Kanba is meeting up with three ex's who have formed the Association of Romantic Victims of Kanba. Well he seems to deserve it, especially as his Penguin is a total perv.

Back to the bird watching and Ringo's lunch has been destroyed, it doesn't help that Yuri has a picnic lunch too and it looks wonderful. And in we go for yet another day dream. I really do think she's going a bit crazy if she wasn't already. Her plan is to put a caterpillar on her shoulder and have him wipe it off her so that he will fall in love with her..... Just it didn't happen like that at all and it was Yuri that ended up being looked after by Tabuki. Ringo is determined to be kissed by him at 4 so jumps into the river. Before she does that (and we get another brilliant day dream) we get Yuri not being all that nice.... She knows that it was Ringo's curry and "disposed" of her shoes and tells Ringo it'll be their secret. Then Ringo nearly drowns but Tabuki isn't anywhere near her and it is actually Shou that saves her.

One of the girls who was with Kanba earlier is told to crush him right away. She's pushed down the escalator and left for dead. Another thing that Ringo's diary has predicted.

I do love the wacky world of Ringo, it is my favorite part of the series.

The daydream scenes were really good this episode, I loved the style of them and I loved how funny they got. Ringo and Shou make a good team together, they are hilarous.

I can't tell you how much I love this episode, it is the one I always remember. Baring in mind I watched this series sometime last year (before I had BT internet) and never got to the end of it I can tell you everything about this episode without watching it.

It is the first time Shou see's how she plans all these things out and we also get a second look at how she can manipulate the facts to make them fit her destiny. Lunch with Tabuki and he smiles, well just because it wasn't her lunch that he ate and smiled about didn't change the fact they had lunch together and he smiled.

I really want to know where her diary comes from and why she is following it, or why she feels sorry for her mum and dad when she thinks she's going to drown.

I'd also like to know why the skunk was so dangerous, I mean a skunk is a skunk and any smart person will stay away from one. An interesting fact about me, I've never seen a skunk before. I've seen cartoon skunks but never an actual skunk.

And I love the word skunk. The more you write it the less like a word it seems!

We didn't have a survival strategy this episode! Shame! Actually to be honest the scene before they get to Himari possessed is quite long and I'm grateful the episode didn't have it as it would mean cutting out one of the wonderful daydream scenes. I'd much rather have more of them then a survival strategy even though I love them as well.

And Kanba and the woman in the red heels. What are they planning for Kanba? And why did that lady get killed and who by?!

Things are starting to get serious in Penguindrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment