11 May 2013

Karneval : Sunshine Wings

Episode 6

Last week we had the heartbreak of seeing Gareki's friend Yotaka die, he was mutated by a scientist, unwittingly by his older sister at first and then out of nessecity. He died in the arms of his sister Tsubame after disobeying the order to kill her.

It turned out that Hirato killed Yotaka, what will the fall out be of last weeks events?

***SPOILERS***
Of course like all sad endings we have to relive last weeks at the opening of this weeks show. This time Hirato flies down and attacks the scientist guy who escapes with Hirato on his tail leaving the rest of the characters alone.

The last piece of Yotaka's life force flies disappears....

The scientists arm attacks Yogi but he is saved by Kiichi from the First Ship. She's actually really mean to Yogi, she has a moment calling him a decoy then flies off. It was an interesting insight into Circus and Yogi to be honest, he's heartbroken by the events just like Nai and Gareki (well not quite like Gareki who was like family to Yotaka) the others see that as a weakness.

Nai describes his pain, being a animal and not a human it must be a new experience for him, he doesn't really understand it. The first time I really REALLY feel sorry for Nai, or have any real feeling for him.

Whilst Hirato captures the scientist Yogi tells everyone about Kafka and the Varuga. He explains about how the drugs effected Yotaka, he tells her the truth. They have to kill the Varuga because they can't change them back. Tsubame asks them to kill her as she took the drug and could change into a Varuga, but mainly because she doesn't want to be alone.

Kiichi and Jikii are looking through the scientists stuff to find something on Kafka but find nothing. They go to Hirato and his friend and decide to try talking to the scientist. They ask him about his relationship with someone called Palnedo which actually seems to hit a nerve but we don't find out if he told them anything. 

The scientist was called Meiga. Did we know that? Never mind.

It turns out that Circus sank the ship that Gareki was in so in not so many words landed him into the future he is in now. It turns out that now they used him as bait to see who was trying to kidnap Gareki. 

It turns out that Gareki has been paying for their grandfathers hospital bills, he never really left them. Sweet. 

Did they just have Tsubame walk to her death happily, willingly and asking to be experimented on? What? Wha?!?

OK so personally I'm in two minds about this episode. It was much more a ending of the story, tying up loose ends etc. Other than the information on Kafka (which we've had but it was nice to have it spelt out for us) and some of the character moments there wasn't much to it.

I apologize that the review is all over the place but it didn't give me an easy job.

With every episode I love Yogi a little more and I love the brother relationship between Gareki, Yogi and Nai. As I said this is the first episode I've really loved Nai, I understood him for the first time trying to come to terms with feelings that aren't natural to him.

I'm really not sure about Circus, they are the good guys but they seem... So cold. So mean spirited. So hard. Even to each other they are just distant and mean. Though that might just be Yogi he is a lot more kind and open then them and a lot more immature which could wind them up leading them to be cruel to him when to be honest he did a good job keeping people safe. It is easy enough to attack from hidden places, fighting one on one is a different story. 

I guess what I want is to actually get to know the other members of Circus now. They keep popping up and having a moment then disappearing and I'm getting confused as to who I've met and who I don't know now. I'm hoping we get a episode quite fast were we just get to know what is going on. I don't mean plot wise I just mean Circus wise. Instead of having this side "secret meetings" and all just let us know.

Still that might sound very negative but I did like the episode.

I found the stuff with Tsubame quite disturbing though, I understand her point of view if she's taken the drugs and now she's lost everyone, but did that guy really take her and kill her?

Well I guess we'll find out next week! It'll either be confirmed or the silence will probably need to be taken as yes she died and they experimented on her to try and find out about these drugs (I understand why her character would agree to it after losing her twin brother and the only person who was there for her always I just didn't really like the grinning guy basically being happy she was willing to do that!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment