19 May 2013

Karneval : "Sigh of the Mermaid" and the Three Caballeros

Episode 7

Last week Gareki's friend walked happily to what looks like her death.

Yeah I'm still not over it.

***SPOILERS***

This week starts with Gareki in the shower. Everyone is sitting talking about how since the events of last week he's been depressed. Yogi decides to invite Nai and Gareki to the parade with them to take their minds off it so Gareki and Nai all dressed up.

Yogi is dressing up as a cat like the first time we saw him and Tsukumo is dressed up as a horse... In a suit. No one knows why. At least Gareki looks deadly cool.

Nai wonders what it means to care about someone as it seems that "family" means to care for someone. It kind of dawns on him that he cares about Gareki as he gets upset thinking that Gareki is depressed. Nai wonders if he's ever been kind to anyone and how he can fill the hole left in Gareki's heart. He wonders about  Karoku saving him and how he'll feel if he meets him again.

Whilst Yogi gives out candy bars he's told of a malfunctioning bunny thing that has gotten loose in the parade and that it could attack the children. Yogi is in two minds, he wants to stay and give out chocolate to the children but he wants to help. He is so adorable and loves the kids so he puts Gareki into the costume. Is it me or has he lost his bandage?

So Gareki is in the cat suit and is quite scary.......

Jiki is practising for his part in the show but is put off by Tsukumo costume. She hears something, the malfunctioning bunny is in the show room.

Can I just say for a second how deadly cool Yogi is! Standing on one of the bunting lines so cool like. More people are being cruel to him for being kind, how horrible those people can be to him. I hate it. I love Yogi he is my favorite character.

Tsukumo is brilliant, Jiki says he is happy to be playing her lover and she gives him a talking to. LOVE HER!

As Gareki dances for the children Tsukumo is in trouble. The rabbit has seen the bottom of the container she's in, in the show she plays a mermaid and she's meant to escape out of the bottom of the container but the rabbit decides it looks unsafe so seals it.

Nai can hear Tsukumo saying she can't breath or open the door which sends the green haired one (can't remember her name sorry) running to her help. Jiki has realized what has happened but the rabbit see's him trying to break something and stops him. Iva, that is the name of the green haired one. Iva takes total control and sends everyone out on stage (and no Yogi does have his bandage on his face). Yogi is brilliant they basically pretend to be part of the show to save the mermaid, Iva pretends that Jiki was sleeping with her as well and beats him (a little bit) to the cheers of the crowd.

Why does Gareki slap Yogi, poor Yogi but he's happy that Gareki has gotten better enough to slap him. He is so lovely can I have two Yogis?

Akari-Sensi isn't a very happy man is he? I love him though he makes me laugh "why is it attached to me I haven't shown it a ounce of kindness" oh he makes me laugh. Then Hirato and his friend got him drunk and he passed out.

A really fun episode really enjoyed it. Nothing really progressed but it was nice just seeing the characters have a breather.

Yogi is still my favorite he is so kind, I hate how everyone scolds him for being kind. In their own way everyone of them is kind but why take it out on Yogi just because he's a little more innocent then the rest. From everything I've seen he's just as good a fighter, makes the hard decisions even if it does hurt him more to make them. He's a great character.

I also love Akari (which I'm probably spelling wrong) I don't know why I love him so much but his whole bit at the end of the episode with Hirato was so funny it had me giggling.

The series is really coming along I have to admit that all the characters are nice enough, I really like Tsukumo, Yogi, Jiki and Gareki the rest I don't dislike. Nai is growing on me and now that we (and he) knows what he is the whole coming to terms with human words and emotions is actually really sweet and enjoyable. You feel sorry for him and I find myself shouting at the screen "Yes you are kind stupid head! And Gareki is your family" not that Nai can hear me but I shout anyway.

I do love the fact they are an actual Circus, having the Circus elements to the episodes is real fun and I love the humor they have between characters.

Even Yogi being slapped made me giggle in the end when he was just happy that Gareki was well enough to slap him. It really made me tear up.

Last week I only had a problem with something that I found a bit... Wrong. This week it was like it never happened (not to the characters) and I was so much happier that they didn't really mention it. We saw Gareki coming to terms with it and Yogi and Nai acting like his bigger and smaller brother trying to help him through it. Those three are three of the best characters I've EVER seen in anything. Really adore them together and hope we get loads more of it.

To be honest I really want to know why Yogi has that bandage, thought we'd find out today as it looked like it fell off but it hadn't. Also the person that brought the little animal to Akari looked like he had loads over him so would be interesting to see if there is a story there or if it is just bandages.

Sorry the review was late! Next week hopefully it'll be on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment