21 April 2013

MotoGP : America 2013

Grand Prix of America 2013

Winner : Marc Marquez
Second : Dani Pedrosa
Third : Jorge Lorenzo

So after the lack luster opening race in the desert of Qatar we are in Texas for the first of three American GPs. 

Marc Marquez (as you've guessed I don't like him) got his first pole in the top class in his second race, he was the youngest pole sitter could he win? (I'm writing this live so I don't know what'll be up there later ^) 

Off the line Dani got the racing line and a good start but was helped by Marquez going wide and ending up in third place. 

It doesn't take Marc long to get past Bradl (who was in second but as I'm typing this is fighting with Lorenzo who has passed him) and it does look like this circuit is a Honda circuit. Bradl starts to hold people back and you have the main three (Pedrosa, Marquez and Lorenzo) then Crutchlow and the others behind. 

Valentino gives Crutchlow some trouble but not much. In fact Vale starts to go backwards a bit whilst Crutchlow sticks to the back of Bradls bike. 

Nicky is in 10th with 19 laps to go, heart breaking a bit. 

The riders started to spread out a little, Cal went wide and ended up behind Bautista for about half a lap before coming right back at him, he was the faster bike and had lost his place as I said by going wide so it wasn't really interesting. Rossi fighting Bautista was a little interesting especially as Dovi joined in. 

The BBC commentators wanted to tell us as all about Marquez so I kind of zoned out a bit especially as not much was happening.

I'll use this period of quietness to say this. There was one point when F1 was quite boring and MotoGP was always the highlight, now it seems to be going in the opposite direction. I'm not sure why either, there hasn't been anything major in my memory that changed things up so much but it happened. Maybe it is a safety thing you see far less crashes in both MotoGP and F1 now (thank god) but it also stops the shake ups at the beginning of the race really. Everything is much more calm but in MotoGP it has also taken some of the overtaking away. Maybe it is just me, I was disheartened after Sic died and didn't watch religiously last year, hopefully it perks up later in the season.

Back to the race and it was just the same as it always had been. Marquez is right on the back of Dani, Lorenzo is falling behind a little but far enough in front of Cal at the moment. Cal is past Bradl who is having a good weekend. 

With 9 laps to go Marquez took the lead and sailed off into the sunset. 

According to our commentators this race was all about whether Marquez has the strength to win it. 

Again the race was really not much to go on, some really good battles but they lasted only for a lap or two, if there was anything long term the camera's never showed it. 

I switched off before they crossed the line mainly because I couldn't stand the Marquez love in. 

I might only have one or two more reports for MotoGP left, I'll carry on watching but I have to say if there isn't much more interesting to the season. I love MotoGP but I haven't had my heart in it for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment