19 March 2013

The Evil FIA and their horrible rain tactics....

I love the title of this blog so much I think I should repeat it... In captials, Italic'd and bolded....

THE EVIL FIA AND THEIR HORRIBLE RAIN TACTICS

Yeah I feel special...

Seriously, I couldn't think of a better name, after the "outcry" and stupidity online (well twitter) after the FIA cancelled qualifying for the Australian GP because of rain and poor visibility. I mean it was as pathetic as the name of my blog (a blog complaining about complainers as NoR would say, and no I won't tell you what NoR mean.)

My opinion?

Short and sweet.

The FIA's job is to keep the drivers safe.

Yes these are the best drivers in the world and they should be able to handle tough circumstances but we weren't there. We didn't see properly what the conditions or visibility was like. I've seen "a little bit of rain" on the TV and then seen photos of these "little bits of rain" which don't look at all the same. Not this weekend, I'm talking about other weekends.

I'm the first to get upset when something gets cancelled because of rain, I'll admit that totally, but to be honest I'd much rather the FIA said no and no one got hurt then the FIA said "what the shit let them race" and someone gets hurt.

Some of the people moaning about the FIA cancelling the session would be the first to blame the FIA if people got hurt....

Why am I saying FIA? Isn't it technically the stewards that decide this?

Either way my point still stands.

You can't have it both ways, if I was in charge of the safety of someone else yeah I'd be over cautious especially if that person had a dangerous job to begin with. No amounts of money being paid to anyone would change my opinion on that. It doesn't make the drivers any less of a driver to say they don't want to go out in it, or if they had their mind made up for them. It doesn't make the stewards/FIA bad guys. It means someone gives a shit about someone else's life.

Good on them!

Lets not let that little fact get in the way of The Evil FIA now...

No comments:

Post a Comment