24 March 2013

Team Order debate..... Again

I haven't seen the race yet but as I've read the news I thought I'd write a piece on this.

So apparently today Webber and Vettel were allowed to race each other until after the last pit stops. Mark and Sebastian were then told to turn their engines down, a command that Mark obeyed but Vettel.... Might have? I don't know did he turn his engine down? The point is after that which was a clear order to keep their positions Vettel then over took Mark Webber.

Not only that but apparently (though I haven't read about this one) Lewis Hamilton got a podium at the expense of Nico Rosberg who was given a team order (possibly more on this in the race review blog.)

Now I have no problem with team orders to win a championship, I have no problems with team orders at all. In my opinion it is up to the driver to do it or not, if you don't want to give up your place then fucking man up and take it like a man.

What I don't like is when someone will be on one side of a team order, or will happily let their team mate "help" them in a race but won't do it the other way round.

Now I don't know if Vettel really made a mistake or whether he knew or not that Webber had also been told to slow down but if he DID then I don't blame people for being pissed! Webber might not like it and might not take it sitting down very often but he has been a good team mate when it has counted. To be honest I don't see Vettel as a good team mate and not just because he's "arrogant" or anything like that (else I wouldn't be a Alonso fan) but he just seems to want to make Webber out to be terrible and I don't think Webber should have to deal with it.

At the end of the day though Webber has the right to be angry, this isn't the last time I'm sure I've heard RBR to tell Webber to turn his engine down and Vettel has overtaken him. One way or the other to Mark this will probably be a team order in Vettels favor.

I'm not making my mind up till I watch it but everyone needs to calm down about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment