21 March 2013

Marvel Cinematic Universe (Not a Tom Hiddleston post...)

Well why not? And I promise it'll have the smallest amount of Tom Hiddleston possible (that is for another blog!)

***DISCLAIMER: I believe I'm right calling it MCU if it has a different name I'd like to know but I'm basically talking about Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers***


So the big bright Marvel films of today. Gone are the dindgy darkness of the X-Men films and here are the big and colorful world of The Avengers.

To be honest I was losing the will to live after Spider-Man 3 (not terrible as movies go but it was so far from what I wanted from a Marvel movie, though still a lot closer than X-Men Last Stand) so to be fair I didn't bother watching Iron Man at first.

Thankfully that has been reversed since.

Since Iron Man there has been so much I've loved about the Marvel universe. I like how it has (in my opinion) become more like a live action comic book instead of some "cool" interpretation of a comic book. I liked X-Men as much as the next person but all of them were basically Wolverine movies and all of them had to have the X-Men in cool leathery suits looking super cool and acting in a super amazingly cool way.

This hasn't happened with The Avengers. Yes they've been modernized but they are still what they are.

I think I like how bright they all are though, I am at the moment watching The Avengers, were Loki has just came to Earth and even in the darkest scene you could see the green of Loki's outfit.

My favorite film is probably Thor, I loved how sweet and warm it was. Chris Hemsworth was a perfect Thor, showing real emotion at the end towards Loki even though Loki had just caused all these problems. I loved all the acting in it (and yes I became a Hiddleston fan because of it, though I already loved Ray Stevenson from Rome so there!) and it just felt like Norse Gods. It didn't feel like a bunch of actors and even when they were on Earth it was sweet and lovely.

Saying that the one that left me gobsmacked was Captain America. I dislike reading any Captain comics he bores me but the movie, man the movie was totally wonderful! I think it is one of the most perfect movies ever. I was really worried about that one as Chris  Evans had already been in the Fantastic Four but he was really the right person for it. And Tommy Lee Jones... I love him so much!

Iron Man I love but I think I love it more because Robert Downey Jr is wonderful. To be fair I think sometimes they feel a little long. Iron Man isn't the most exciting of people, and the two films were boring. The second one was worse then the first though I still have plenty of things that I love about them.

The Avengers was just perfect. Assembling the Avengers was a little long, when you finally got them all together it was brilliant. I think it was a smart idea to have Loki as the bad guy, someone who was already established within the Marvel films and who would be a real reason why Thor would come back to Earth. By the time they were working together and tackling the Loki problem it had all clicked into place and it made up for any long windedness at the beginning of the movie.

My favorite character.... I don't think I have one. Iron Man, Thor, Loki, The Captain.... Unlike the X-Men movies (and Spider-Man) it doesn't feel like your forced to believe they are good guys (or kind of good guys) you fall in love with them faults and all.

Do I look forward to new Marvel movies?

Hell yes! I really can't wait for the sequels, Iron Man is out first so wait for the review on that coming soon! But I really am looking forward to the Thor sequel, and Captains is out next year, Chris Evan and Chris Hemsworth are two brilliant actors and can't wait to see them again.

The Avengers 2? Lets hope its a brilliant one.

Yeah this blog hasn't really added to your life but it is an insight into things that go on in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment