17 February 2013

Fairy Tail : Wendy v Cheria (Anime)

Episode 169

Before we get down to Wendy's match against Lamia Scales Cheria we see the ending of last weeks confrontation. 

What does Laxus's father (Ivan) want? What is Raven Tails purpose?

So obviously this week starts were last week ended. Again I think it is silly that we're starting with the end of the TITLED fight from last week, pushing back this weeks TITLED fight by a good 15 minutes, but that is just me.

We learn a little more about Ivan, we already know what he's after, but he doesn't seem convinced that Laxus doesn't know what he's talking about. Laxus doesn't seem to care either way. So what is the dark secret of Fairy Tail?

Ivan's reaction to the fact Gajeel was a double agent was priceless, and I loved how much emotion was put behind Laxus's actions and his speech about his Gramps and his family. I love that he got revenge not only for Fairy Tail but for Tobys sock as well! OK he was just beating up Raven Tail but still, REVENGE!!!!

Laxus, my little lightning bug, takes out the whole of Raven Tail in the blink of an eye. Wonderful!

I really hope this evolves into a story for Laxus/Makarov and Raven Tail... It could even have Mavis in it if its all about Fairy Tails dark secret.

I'm actually more intrigued by Raven Tail again now I've seen this play out in the anime then I am about everything else either in the anime or manga! I forgot how for me personally it felt like it was left on a cliffhanger for that guild.

So there is something about Cheria's (sorry if its spelt wrong that's how it was spelt in the dub I was watching, it doesn't look right though) magic that has Jellal worried....

Cheria is just like Wendy, to the point she is the Sky God Slayer.

Now the one thing I have to say about God Slayer magic and Lost Magic in general is that it was different when it was first introduced (I say that like it was a long time ago) but we already know from Tenarou Island that Lost Magic is only as strong as the people who wield it, and Fairy Tail has the strength of soul to beat it, so I'm not sure why they have the shocked faces.

It was an impressive battle for two cute characters, and as Erza said it is Wendy's fight to prove herself (not in a Saber way but to herself.) Their magic, or at least Wendy's, isn't really designed for fighting. She's a healer and therefore doesn't like to be in confrontation, one reason her inclusion in the team always seemed forced to me.

Toby made the episode still being obsessed with socks, bless him!

I am joking by the way, it was a brilliant episode!

To be fair I can't remember how this fight ends, we're left with the cliffhanger of Cheria getting up after a big hit from Wendy.

What'll happen next week?

I liked this weeks episode, it was nicely spaced out and had enough movement in it. I do wish they'd stuck to the matches within the episodes but mainly because I can't wait to see what happens next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment