16 February 2013

Fairy Tail : My Irrational Love of Fro and Rogue!

So if you read my Fairy Tail reviews you'll know that I do love Fro and Rogue. They both manage to make me want to cry most of the time they are on screen/together in the manga.

Why do I love them?

Cuteness for a start!

At first Fro was really annoying, and I didn't really like Rogue and Sting (and Lector till the end annoyed me, no doubt he'll be back but he did annoy me.)

But when the games started and the nastiness of Sabretooth became apparent both Rogue and Frosch became wonderful characters.

For me its like Rogue and Sting tried so hard to be like Natsu and Gajeel, when they disappeared (and heard that they were killed by a Dragon) their dreams were destroyed so they became hard to the world around them. Their team was all that mattered. They wanted to prove they were powerful maybe out of fright. Like Natsu and Gajeel, they were trained to kill Dragons, unlike Natsu and Gajeel they killed a Dragon and then followed Second Generation Dragon Slayers and implanted lycrimas into themselves.

It all seems to stem from a belief they had to be ready, if their heroes could be so easily killed, thus crushing their hero worship as children (young people, however old they were) they needed to be even stronger.

Sting seems much more hard headed, plus with Lectors death he's all over the place.

Rogue seems to have listened to what Natsu has to say and seems more open to his idea of a guild, even though at first it looks like he isn't listening at all.

Were it really stands out that Rogue really has got something going on is the relationship with Fro, at least Lector was a standard Exceed, Fro is like a baby and Rogue loves him so much. They'd both give up their lives for each other.

Just a simple emotional back and forth between these two characters brings tears to my eyes, and even though I love Natsu/Happy, Gajeel/Lily and Wendy/Carla I think these two have the biggest impact.

Fro is extremely annoying in the anime, but the moment the big "I won't let anything happen to you" speech came about I wanted to cry and hug him!

So the answer to it is this...

From the start I wanted to join a Guild.
I wanted to be friends with everyone in Fairy Tail.
I wanted to mingle with Blue Pegasus.
I've imagined what magic ability I would have...
Wondered if I could hold myself in a drinking contest with Cana...
Dreamed of a meeting with me and Laxus...

But I've never wanted to just hug the life out of two characters and protect them like I've wanted to with Rogue and Fro.

Yeah I want to hug characters and I'd give my life up for them. If they were real they'd be my friends. But Rogue is the first person I would have fought for even if it meant turning my back on Fairy Tail.

I didn't say this post was meant to be based in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment