11 February 2013

Fairy Tail : Laxus v Alexeis (Anime)

Episode 168

So we ended last weeks episode with me getting over excited about Laxus's episode.

What will we find out about the mysterious Raven Tail?

***SPOILERS***


I was a little disappointed that the build up to the match was then followed by two matches before Laxus's started off, I knew they were going to be there but it puts the next episode after this (Wendy's match) on a back foot as now they have to finish Laxus's story off first!

But the actual episode itself?

Loved it!

Millianna is a wonderful character and I'm happy they brought her back in a different guild. I'd like to see what the others are up to. Her match was a bit boring though as she was fighting a member of Quatro Puppy and to be fair other then Bacchus they are quite boring.

Next up was Eve from Blue Pegasus against Rufus. Rufus is actually a really cool character, and anything with Blue Pegasus in it is a must! I love Rufus's Memory Make it is such a brilliant magic, and it is setting up a Rufus/Gray match perfectly.

So Millianna and Rufus both win and with that the main event of the episode, Laxus v Alexeis.

Just like in the manga it looks like Laxus's is getting the beat down, but then suddenly the world goes all funny (well a strange tint of purple) and Laxus's is standing there looking unimpressed. Alexeis is using illusion magic to make it look like he is beating up Laxus. In fact Raven Tail want something from Laxus, but Laxus isn't giving it to them.

Oh and Alexeis is actually Ivan, Laxus's daddy.

So good points...

It looked stunning, it really did, I love seeing them using magic. The talky episodes are great and all but I do love the fighting scenes as well. Even though there wasn't many of them the characters used in this episode had brilliant magical abilities to showcase.

Really hope we'll see more of them all when we finish this arc!

Also loved getting an insight on Raven Tail, not much of one, but I'd like it if we did get a whole arc about Ivan/Makarov/Laxus. There is obviously a story starting there, what is Lumen Histoire?

Bad point...

It said Laxus v Alexei on the titles but as I moaned earlier it was more a mish mash of a couple ideas and its meant it'll follow on till next week!

But I don't care because I love this arc and it just keeps getting better! Really can't wait for more Laxus next week.

Screencaps of the episode can be found on my forum here .

No comments:

Post a Comment