1 February 2013

Fairy Tail : Frog (Manga)

Chapter 317

So with the cogs falling into place last week what has Fairy Tail got for us this week?

The arc is starting to pick up pace in the newest chapter...

***SPOILERS***


So.... Is Future Lucy lying? This is the question.

Her story isn't holding up under the glare of Arcadios. Even Jellal has doubts, obviously Lucy's friends would never disbelieve her but is she really telling the truth?

Apparently Eclipse has more then just one function, and the second function (Eclipse 2) is what the Princess is going to use, its stored up as much energy as Etherion.

Then we go back to the action. Gajeel v Rogue.

This part once again made me sad. Rogue finally realizes why Gajeel stayed at Fairy Tail, we hear how Rogue wanted to join Phantom (the guild Gajeel belonged to during the Phantom/Fairy Tail war obviously... I'm not sure why I'm stating that here, just a bit of background!) and how he never understood why he'd stay at Fairy Tail afterwards.

Friends.

Rogue feels he has no friends, we already know that Sabre isn't the friendliest of guilds, their members seem quite cold and some downright evil (Minerva you cow!) Gajeel isn't convinced though, after all Rogue has that Frog...

Just in case your reading this for no other reason then to read it the joke here is that Dragon Slayers have "cats". The first episode introduced a flying cat called Happy who is partnered with Fire Dragon Slayer Natsu. Later in the series we were introduced to Air Dragon Slayer Wendy and her cat Carla (Charles, whatever you want to call her.) During the Edolas arc (well just before) Gajeel is going on about not being a real Dragon Slayer without a cat, the Edolas arc teaches us that Happy and Carla are actually a magical race called the Exceed. When we were first introduced to Sting and Rogue, Sting had a Exceed called Lector (who was killed by the git in charge of Sabre) and Rogue has a (what I like to think of as a baby) Exceed dressed as a Frog. Hence the joke. Gajeel called his cat a frog. Just in case.

At this moment when Rogue is coming to terms with how he and Fro are friends he's starting to hear something, and just after confirming that Fro is his friend (teary eyed Fro makes me cry!) his shadow comes to life!

Next chapter... Gajeel v Rogue.
And a new darkness, unknown to anyone, appears?!

Now more then ever I am annoyed how long a week is! The last two weeks have picked up the pace, we're getting to know more about some of the other characters... OK Rogue who I admit I love and hope stays after the games, there is some real menace ever since Raven Tail was DQ'd and it looks still like we're finally getting closer to the end!

Can we trust Lucy?

Well if it turns out Lucy isn't a real Lucy I want an explanation why Natsu, who has excellent senses, didn't know it was her! Lucy must be his best friend at the moment, he spends so much time with her and the real Lucy, their Lucy, is right next to him. Anyway I believe he recognized her through her scent so it has to be the real Lucy. But why would Lucy be lying?

I'm really excited about finding out this story, again another reason I hate being up to date! It sucks that I have to wait.

I'm hoping we get a good fight between Gajeel, Rogue and whatever that shadow is. And I do hope that Sting and Rogue find their way into Fairy Tail OR that them along with Ogra takes over Sabre and becomes a reoccurring friendly guild like Blue Pegasus.

I hope we get a little bit of background on Rogue as well in the next story, I have a feeling we'll get Sting but I always thought they'd leave Rogue to be a bit bland. I'm happy he isn't going to be!

Though how much longer must I wait for Luxus v Ogra v Jura! OMG I can not wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment