4 November 2012

Fairy Tail Overview

So I have caught up with Fairy Tail. It isn't over by far! But I'll be watching the adventures every week like everyone else.

So now that I am up to date I thought I'd give a general over view of the anime (I am only like book 60 in the manga.)


Favorite Character

Well that is a hard one!

At first it was Gray Fullbuster, I don't know why I kind of liked him being the opposite of Natsu. His cool behavior was... Well... Cool! He was the character that hit me at first. The longer I've watched though Gray hasn't stayed as my top favorite, if anything he was bypassed a little (though I like to think he's equal to my top favorites.)

Another instant favorite was Macao, and I have no idea why! I really do love the character. The same with Loki.

Then Erza came wading in, the more I learn about her the more I connected to her.

By the end I have to say I was in love with EVERY SINGLE character we've come across, bar one or two bad guys.

I'd have to say a surprising "favorite" is Jet! At first I didn't really like Shadow Gear, no reason, and not hate, I just wasn't interested. I don't even know why or when I started to like Jet but if I could have had one more (or changed a character) on Tenrou I would have chosen Jet. I really do like him and it is weird because he doesn't really do much in the anime!

The other big favorites are Gajeel and Laxus. I've always kind of liked Laxus though I did kind of hate him during his attempted take over, but there was something about learning his past that made me love his character and I'm happy he is back in Fairy Tail now. Gajeel, well..... How could you not like him?! From his cute little laugh to his relationship with PantherLily.

So if I had to chose.....

It would be a tie for Jet, Gajeel and Laxus.

Favorite Couple

Gajeel and Levi.
They are adorable, I would love to see them get closer. Levi see's past Gajeels outer shell more then most people even if she still thinks he's a bit of a bastard 90% of the time. Plus how he protected her during the S-Class exam was adorable!

Juvia and Gray
Yeah it is one sided and it is a proper "partnership" of some sorts but I really do understand Juvia a bit. It is very sweet how she runs after him all the time. The thing is I want them to get together but I don't want them to get together until Gray is made to feel how Juvia did chasing after him. And to show my dark side I used to watch Emmerdale just as Gennie and Nik got together and I hated it when they got together because Gennie chased after him and really cared about him and Nik was a bit of a bitch to her and then suddenly some lovely bloke came on the show and showed Gennie all the attention she deserved but she gave up that lovely guy because Nik decided after someone else had her he wanted her but he never really deserved her!

Favorite Team

Team Shadow Gear
Naturally. I love Levi and I love Jet. I've already said Jet is one of my three favorite characters. I love Levi because of her book obsession! Droys power looks amazing, yeah him and Jet might not be the strongest but Droy looks interesting. It is a shame we don't see as much of their team, especially before the 7 year jump!

Favorite Story Arc

Fighting Festival
Yeah it obviously isn't that surprising that a Laxus arc is my top one! I loved it a lot because it introduced us to a new group within Fairy Tail and showed just how close the whole guild was. I really hated Laxus during the majority of the arc, but by the end of it I loved him more than most of the other characters and I'm not sure why. I loved the Lighting Tribes closeness and actually disliked Laxus being expelled. Though I had to stop watching during the Festival at the end of the arc because I knew that Makarov wouldn't do that unless he really had to and I felt that Laxus wasn't really gone. Plus his tribe and their reaction... It introduced us to three very sweet characters who have since made me love them even more!

Phantom Lord
It might actually be for the same reason I love the Fighting Festival. It showed the guild coming together, but also because they were under attack it introduced you gradually to other mages and their abilities. Plus it introduced us to Juvia and Gajeel.

Favorite Guild (other than Fairy Tail)

Blue Pegasus
ICHIYA! I mean how could you not love such a randomly wonderful guild like them. Master Bob and Ichiya just make me giggle completely.

Dark Guild - Oracion Seis
I really do think they were one of the scariest (in a way) opponents. I think they lost something the second time around (and I don't mean the thing they gave up to gain their powers.) The first time under Brain/Zero they were actually very dark, the second time their motives and the conclusions to the characters were a bit dodgy. But I really do like them.

After 7 Year Jump - Undecided!
Obviously the anime has only just started it, and I'm not far enough into the manga to see them. I quite like the third generation Dragon Slayers but we'll have to wait and see!

Favorite Stellar Spirit

Loke/Leo
Maybe because we got to know him as a friend first and then he went to be Lucy's spirit. Whenever Lucy is in trouble I beg for Loke to show up as I know he won't leave Lucy in trouble.

Virgo
How could you not love Virgo? She is a wonderfully funny spirit. Though I do have a problem with how when they are in a tight spot they use her as a joke. She is a strong spirit and as fun as I find her I do wish sometimes they actually show her coming to help Lucy and actually helping. I know she DOES help but I'd like it to be more often!

Favorite Villian

Element Four
I have to say I do love the Element Four. They were weird but at the same time they were creepy enough. The thing is Sol and Juvia were quite funny, with Juvia's love of Gray and Sol being French. Then you have Totomaru and Aria who were actually quite intimidating. They were an interesting combination.

Kloda
Hehe! I loved the stick he was very funny. The thing is his character didn't jar the episodes though it put enough light relief into the episodes to make you smile as well as cry. There are some characters that are just terrible and jar in the episodes they are trying to be "funny" in. Kloda for me wasn't!

Plus special mention for Laxus and the Thunder Tribe as well as Gajeel.

Favorite Moment

Laxus coming back to help on Tenrou. It made me cry when he was talking about wanting to hurt the person who hurt his grandad. It was when there was no going back on Laxus being my favorite.



Least Favorite Character

My least favorite characters would probably both be bad guys. Kain Hikaru and Sugarboy. As I was saying with Kloda there is a time to be funny. Someone who has great comedic timing is Natsu, these two jarred so badly in the episodes.

Kain Hikaru especially annoyed me as just when the arc was getting really good there was an episode of him and it really killed the flow of the story.

I also didn't like Angel much either time we've seen her, she annoys me greatly. I'm not even sure why I dislike her.

Least Favorite Story Arc

Daphne Arc
I can not tell you how happy I am that I will not ever have to read that arc again. I will probably watch parts of it again but it was an only anime arc thankfully. I just really couldn't find anything to like about it, it bored me and I just wanted it to end. I did like the conclusion and the bringing together of Fairy Tail again but I just couldn't get into it and Daphne herself annoyed the hell out of me. The only reason she isn't in the least favorite character list is because I like to forget she ever existed!

Least Favorite Stellar Spirit

Aquarius
It might be obvious but it isn't because she's a bitch! I hate how everyone thinks she is the strongest spirit yet Loke is the head of the zodiac. She never does anything to help and Loke and Virgo are very helpful yet when Lucy talks about her strongest spirit it is always Aquarius. I love that she is a bitch but whether or not she is the strongest is yet to be seen as most of the time when she is called she just attacks Lucy!


Other

Some other things that I thought I'd share....

I loved Gildarts and Cana, when he found out that she was his daughter and the way he's acted ever since. It is so sweet! I love the fact that they just had him instantly fall in love with his daughter and that she grew to know that she didn't need to have him any other way as she's been able to grow up besides her father anyway. I loved that Cana had a happy ending as well.

The strength in the series is that you do end up loving most of the characters and you never know when a character is going to be a bad guy then come back to be a good guy.

I love how they have friendly rivalries as well as serious ones but how Fairy Tail always forgives.

I love how a character like Natsu can make you cry then do something totally in character and sweet and make you laugh again, because half the time he's doing it to make someone in the show smile as well.

There isn't any overall message other than to be good to each other and I do like that.

The Strauss's are a wonderful little family, I have to say I grow fonder of Elfman and Mira all the time.



Yeah there will be another blog tonight or tomorrow telling you how wonderful Fairy Tail is but I really have to say this series has become something so special to me in so many different ways it is unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment