7 October 2012

Fairy Tail Characters

There is a large amount of characters in Fairy Tail. Not only do they give you an in depth look at the Fairy Tail wizards but at most characters you meet along the way.

So for this blog I will tell you about my favorite characters!

*SPOILERS - I will be talking about characters and things they have done so if you aren't at least up to episode 70 don't read*

1. Gray Fullbuster

I love Gray, at first I just thought he was hilarious with his vice of taking his clothes off for no reason. Then when you find out the reasoning behind it, as well as being funny having him suddenly strip now and again but its heartwarming.

Grays ability is Ice Maker. He learnt this as a kid from his master Ur. She was training both Gray and a boy called Lyon. Grays family and village was destroyed by Deloira and Ur took him on as an apprentice. Ur died (well she didn't die as such but its hard to explain but basically she used her power/body to make an ice shell around Deloira) when Gray went looking for Deloira. Grays back story is explained during the Galuna Island arc where Lyon is trying to wake Deloira up to challenge it.

Being an Ice wizard Gray naturally doesn't agree with Natsu, which makes them so funny as they are best friends. They are constantly at each other though and both of them being over competitive and pretty equal makes for some interesting arguments.

I'm not sure what it is about Gray but he is my favorite character. His character is ice cold just like his ability, he goes into situations with a cool head and is usually the opposite of Natsu. A lot of the time Gray clears a path for Natsu.

His reaction to his stripping is so funny.

2. Mystogan

I don't know why I love him, especially as I haven't got to his back story yet but there is something about Mystogan that I've just loved. I was so happy when he finally got to show off his abilities in the Laxus saga, though it was short lived.

70 episodes in and all we know is that Mystogan is an S-Class wizard who looks like Jellal (I do love Jellal so see below.) Its very shaky ground but I do for some reason love him.

3. Macao Conbolt

Macao is one of the old guys, his ability is purple flare (which I love!) and his partner is Wakaba Mine.

I think what I love about Macao is just the fact that he seems to hang out with Wakaba (a smoker) and Cana (a drinker) and loves to troll them!

Again I'm not sure why he's one of my favorites but I do love him. Again he makes me giggle, he isn't as serious as Mystogan though I'm sure he'll be serious in the future. He's usually seen propping up the bar at the guild but whenever I see him out and about I really feel like cheering.

Knowing his future I kind of worry. I don't want him to change so fast (it wasn't fast for other people but it will be for me!) but I can't wait to see how he copes in the future.

4. Mirajane Strauss

Mirajane looks at first like she doesn't actually have any powers, she works in the guild and is the sweetest person ever. She was another character I fell in love with the moment I saw her she was just so sweet.

Not only does it turn out she has an ability, take over magic, but she was an S-Class wizard. She's related to Elfman (see below for Elfman squee) and a wizard called Lisanna who up to this point is dead (see Elfman below.) After her sister died Mirajane seems to have given up using her power other than when she needs to.

And man was it cool when she used it! During the Laxus saga she used her take over magic and she was totally amazing.

Why I love Mirajane is because she is the warmest member of the guild. She obviously has the brains but most of the time she is so sweet natured that people mistake her as dumb. She is also the member of the guild who knows everything.

5. Elfman Strauss

Elfman is the most adorable character in Fairy Tail. He goes on about being a man but to be honest he's the biggest softy in the guild.

He uses take over magic like his sister but unlike his sister he isn't always able to do a full take over. Both his sisters, Mirajane and Lisanna, both were able to do a full take over but when Elfman attempted it he went crazy and killed Lisanna, during the Guild Wars after seeing Mirajane in trouble Elfman is able to do a full take over.

I love Elfman as like his sister Mirajane he is a big softy. He is also one of the funniest characters in the guild. His belief that everything is manly makes me laugh.

You can see how Elfman tries to hide his feelings with his manly talk.

I'd love to see more interaction between Elfman and his sister, it would be really sweet to see them together. I'd really like to see him and Mira out on a job together, I know it is unlikely as Mira doesn't go on jobs anymore but it would be cool to see them work.

6. Juvia Lockser

Juvia used to be a part of the Phantom Lord Guild and during the Guild Wars attacked Fairy Tail with the guild. She was part of the Element Four with Gajeel.

Her magic is water based and when we first met her she was constantly walking in rain, it was Gray that fought her during the Guild Wars and it was love at first sight for Juvia. After losing to Gray she lost the rain clouds and found happiness, after stalking Gray for a while and helping the team out a bit she joined Fairy Tail with Gajeel.

I love Juvia because I feel her pain. Everything she does to make Gray love her goes wrong and she just doesn't know how to sort things out.

She tends to cry a lot which can be quite funny as she is basically made of water so she floods the guild a lot.

One thing I adore about her is her relationship with Gajeel who is kind of a loner. You might not see them together much but she talks about him so sweetly and as he's a loner with no friends its sweet to know she still cares about her friend from Element Four.

7. Jellal Fernandes

Jellal is a weird one. He uses Heavenly Body Magic and was the main bad guy in the Tower of Heaven arc.

Growing up Jellal and Erza were servants in the Tower of Heaven and whilst trying to save Erza he was possessed and whilst Erza escaped he basically re-enslaved his friends to finish building the Tower of Heaven to revive Zeref.

I like Jellal as even though he doesn't really have a redemption arc it is quite sweet when he shows up again in the Dark Guild saga.

Again like Mystogan I'm not sure why I like him so much, oh and by the by Jellal and Mystogan look the same, Mystogan is the Jellal from another dimension thing......... Yeah I haven't got that far yet but I kind of read about it!

I love Jellal and Erza they are the sweetest couple in the series (even though they ain't a couple.)

8. Wendy Marvel

Wendy is a Dragon Slayer, the Dragon Slayer of Air. She is able to heal people, one of the rarest magics there is.

Wendy is the youngest characters and like Natsu has a cat (they are actually a species .. Again haven't got that far, kinda read about it didn't take it in properly, lets leave it as cat) as a friend, her partner is called Charles (Carla.) She first appears in the Dark Guilds Saga and I loved her from the beginning, she is such a sweet character.

I love how Wendy is so caring and sweet. How upset she gets when she thinks she can't help out is really warming. I do love her character.

9. Gajeel Redfox

Gajeel is the Iron Dragon Slayer, he is such a miserable character and I love him so much for it!

Like Juvia he was with Phantom Lord and in the Element Four and after being beaten by Natsu he joined Fairy Tail.

Gajeel makes me laugh so much, he is quite a serious character but sometimes he is too serious.

I really do enjoy Gajeel and like how he is slowly joining in with the guild. I had to pause the stream I was watching I was laughing so much when Gajeel started to talk about being the only Dragon Slayer without a cat.

Gajeel is a match for Natsu just like Gray is, even though he was beaten by Natsu. He is the lone wolf of the guild but as I said he is starting to join in more.


They are the main characters I really love.

Natsu Dragneel and Lucy Heartfillia are the two main characters really. I do love them but as they are always there and always developing I don't find them as interesting (they are interesting just not as much as) others. I love Natsu and how hot headed he is, the total opposite of Gray. And even though he's serious when needs be even in the middle of a serious situation he can be quite funny. Lucy is a wonderful character who makes me cry at times because she has so much passion for her friends and for others in general, especially her spirits.

I also love Happy!

In fact I love everyone but those are the characters I am always excited to see on screen!

And just for the record out of Lucy's spirits I love ....

Loke/Leo
Virgo
Horologium
Taurus
Aquarius

Again I love all the others but I thought I'd just put it out there that they are my favorites.

From now on I will be commenting (blogging) about it on here so I thought I'd let you know who I'm going to be obsessed with in my "reviews".

No comments:

Post a Comment