11 October 2013

Enemy of the World and Web of Fear

So it is official!

The whole of Enemy of the World is back in the archives and everything but episode 3 of Web of Fear is back.

Meaning YETIS!

I wrote a blog yesterday (a little discombobulated thanks to life getting in the way) about how it felt for me facing seeing episodes I never thought I'd get to see, currently they are downloading on iTunes after spending money I've been saving for a holiday on them (well it was under £20 so why not for a bit of history!)

A very happy fan to see them back.

My second favorite (joint) Doctor is Patrick Troughton, my most loved and favorite companion is Jamie and the funny thing is I've hardly seen an episode with them in it. I've seen a few but not many, I've also read a few books about their time in the TARDIS (Dreams of Empire being my favorite) and their characters just blew me away.

I grew up with Doctor Who, my mum was a fan (started watching when Pertwee was the Doctor) and we'd watch the repeats on UK Gold when we could, I didn't take much on the new series until Moffat took over and can now look back fondly on the RTD era (strange and might write about that later.) Being old enough now that I can afford to treat myself to the DVDs, refresh memories of episodes I watched years ago and watch some I've never seen before one of the first things I found out was about the missing episodes.

And to be honest some of them sounded like brilliant episodes!

My wish list does consist of Web of Fear (as well as The Celestial Toymaker) so you can tell how ecstatic I am this morning! In gods knows how long I'll be watching Yeti's, the Brig (well he wasn't a Brig yet but never mind), Jamie and the Second Doctor all in one glorious miracle of a story that I never dreamed I'd get to see.

I just don't think there are words that I can use to explain how happy I am.

At 24 there was a whole world of Who that I'd never be able to see, ever, even if I wanted to. That pool of Who has been budged down to double digits and ohhhh what a happy Whovian I am today!

No comments:

Post a Comment