14 October 2013

BlazBlue : Alter Memory : The Red Rebel

Episode 1

Now I DO know about BlazBlue, I own one of the games!

Being based off one of my games I was hoping for a lot, a little upset that I believe Arakune isn't in it..... But so happy my favorite two are (BIG BOOBY LADY!!!!)

I believe it follows Ragna's story arch (that would be Ragna the Bloodedge) and if it is anywhere near as good as the game is this could be awesome!

***SPOILERS***

So we open with Ragna trying to kill Nu. And getting stabbed for his trouble.

Rabbit shows up and points Ragna towards Kagutsuchi, mainly because she's bored.

We then get introduced  to Noel Vermillion and Kisaragi. Ohhhh Kisaragi looks both awesome and weird at the same time, brilliance. He now knows where Ragna is headed and is headed there himself.

Talking of Ragna he's found a stray, TAO!!! TAO!!! He feeds her and she tells him all about going after "Rawrgna" for bounty money. You have to love Tao, such a funny little character "Good guy is a good guy".

So Noel and Hazama arrive at Kagutsuchi, not for Ragna like Kisaragi but for Kisaragi himself.

So Tao is following Good Guy, how can he get upset by Tao... Silly person!  As always Ragna wanders off to get a bit of rest away from the hyperactive Tao and it just so happens that Noel appears.

At his destination of the NOL branch office he runs into Jin Kisaragi who just like when they were kids is trying to kill Ragna. Not long after Ragna is able to put Kisaragi out Noel and Hazama arrive and Noel decides she wants to go after Ragna and end the situation.

And we end with Hakumen attacking Ragna.

So far just like the game it seems that Ragna just kind of stumbles from one impossible situation to the next which is pretty fun.

I enjoyed it, I think it has a lot that could keep it interesting but you'd think at one point they'll need to calm down a little and actually have the random encounters stop being so frequent. Yes we get that you are based off the game series which is a fighting game but lets inject a little more story in between the random encounters.

That'll be the one thing that annoys me, I don't mind when the set up flows but when it is obvious X is only happening so that we get RANDOM ENCOUNTER 4 and neither flows from one scene to the next.... It gets boring. I mean look at how Ragna went from talking to Rabbit to fighting Tao to eating with Tao to disappearing to a random location (no reason why he really WENT to the ONE place that Noel would be) ended up wandering off again right into Kisaragi....

I think it just needs to focus a little and stop skipping from here, there and wherever. Need to keep the story flowing.

I did enjoy it though it was fun and what you'd expect from it. The characters were, well, themselves which is good and it is a nice addition to the series.

I think I had this problem with DANGANRONPA that it was TOO much like the game that they forgot that you aren't playing a game anymore you are telling one coherent story and too much of the time it feels like watching the cut scenes of the game, which is great for people like me who prefer watching the cut scenes but doesn't really flow well.

DANGANRONPA got over that pretty fast so I'm sure BlazBlue will!

No comments:

Post a Comment