8 September 2013

Free! : Revenge in the Medley!

Episode 8

Ohhh no! Haru has lost in the heats, to Rin of all people.

Sad times, sad times....

How will the rest fare?!

***SPOILERS***

Sasabe finally shows up to the news that Haru is already out. Meanwhile Haru is having a breakdown in the shower.

After getting worried about Haru the guys have a run in with Rin who is just as nasty to them as he was to Haru. Makoto is next up though! Nagisa is off again to find Haru so that he can watch everyone swim. Sasabe is too awesome for words!

Mako comes in second in his heat too, but it was soooo close! As always his big kind eyes and warm smile seeing Haru on the side watching on.

Nagisa is next! And he didn't make it.

Rei is next up......... Unfortunately his goggles slipped off and he ends up struggling and coming in last.

Turns out that even though the boys didn't make it through on their single events Kou had them signed up for the relay on day two anyway so off they run to find Haru to tell him. There is a great comedy moment where they leave a voicemail for Haru. I believe that watching his friends race, seeing them cheer each other up and listening to the voicemail makes Haru's mind up for him.

COME ON BOYS!!

Rin runs to watch them in the relay, is it really because he'll be upset to see them win and have to maybe race Haru again?

He doesn't like Rei much, wondering why  he's on the same team as the others. Don't be mean to Rei! He's a beginner!

Well that is a cliffhanger for next week!

I have to say that I'm really happy with the current state of Haru's development. Does he care about winning? Or is it racing with his friends?

I think it is a bit of both, he likes competing, he's never really had to feel defeat when he was a kid so when he gave it up he just thought he wanted to be "free" but I think he now realizes that he likes racing competitively.

I also think he just loves racing against and with his friends. But that might be a longer lesson he has to learn!

I feel for Kou who seems to be so torn about the match. She just wants them both to be happy but she can see that they still aren't. It is another part of Rin's character I can't stand, as far as we know his little sister has done nothing for him to be so cold towards her. I love Kou and how she fits so nicely into our group and I don't like how he acts to her.

The best bit of the episode (not saying that like the episode was bad it wasn't!) was the voicemail message. So adorable them all leaving one together and no wonder it helped make Haru's mind up! All his friends tried their best, they made this club to race and swim together and even Rei who is useless at the moment is trying so hard. Hearing them worried about him and how much they are putting in I guess Haru is finally realizing what being friends means.

I did love the episode though, it seems to be a three part story and I'm happy I missed them and watched them together. This cliffhanger would have killed me for a week!

I'm kind of hoping they don't make it to the regional's though I guess that will be the whole point. After all they just started and I'd like to see them go back to the drawing board sort to speak. I guess they will get through but for me it isn't bad if they don't. They will improve slowly anyway and the love of this series is just the interaction between the main characters so I wouldn't care if they had to go back to training!

I guess the problem then would be the Rin story would kind of be over for a bit and Rin isn't that interesting on his own....

Great episode though.

No comments:

Post a Comment