31 August 2013

One Piece : Oath

Chatper 52

Zzzzzooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***SPOILERS***

He hasn't killed Zoro, whoop!

"It is much too early for you to die. Know thy self! Know thy world! And become strong, Roronoa!"

This message was given to Zoro after the other two Bounty Hunters fish him out of the sea and Luffy, in anger, attacks Mihawk and... Doesn't succeed.

With the words of Mihawk ringing in his ears (carry on and surpass me) Zoro swears to Luffy that he'll never lose again until he's beaten Mihawk.

With that Zoro is taken off with Usopp to get Nami back and Krieg attacks Mihawk who disappears for his nap.

Well with Mihawk gone of course the fight between the cooks and Krieg is back on, and Luffy has been told if he fights and defeats Krieg he'll be let off his year of being an errand boy.

That was pretty much a brilliant ending to that little story, though I'm not sure why it had to be in the middle of the battle with Krieg but never mind. It was a really strong character moment for Zoro and a big team building moment for the crew. Really enjoyed it and really enjoy the love that Zoro and Luffy have for each other already!

So we are now onto the fight with Krieg, about time!

To be honest I'm not sure what to think about this fight, on one hand it is obvious that Luffy will win with or without the help of the cooks but to be fair I'm not sure, it all has become a little messy.

I am enjoying the story but to be fair I'm hoping next chapter I get my barings a bit, unlike the others this arc seems to be a bit of everything and not just "hey look our new crew member and here is how they joined".

I'm not saying its bad but to be fair for a brief moment I'd forgotten totally about Krieg and how dangerous he could be. Plus don't forget we have the story with Nami developing either alongside or for after this fight with Krieg...

I did like the chapter though!

No comments:

Post a Comment