2 August 2013

Karneval : Black Sheep

Chapter 5

Team Nareki have been taken by Circus!

Should we worry or will they be alright?!

And I apologize it has been weeks since I last posted a Karneval review.

***SPOILERS***

So Team Nareki are taken aboard the Circus ship where they come face to face with... Sheep. They have to have their voice prints registered and every time they come on board they must say I'm back else be run off the ship!

Ohhh Hirato "I was lonely when I asked you to wait and you ditched me" he's even more sassy in the manga!

He tells them that he is one of the few people that can take custody of "murderous" criminals. He also informs them that he requested an investigation into the crime and proved Nai's innocence so I don't know why he's going on other than the fact he likes the sound of his own voice!

Nai goes into the details of Karoku and surprises Gareki when he remembers that the red water he saw was called blood. Good boy Nai! Hirato asks them if they'll help Circus find out how the ID was taken out of the Circus ship. Of course Nai says yes, Gareki needs convincing.

The CEO guy tells some thugs on the phone that they can use the Others to catch Nai seeing they failed to capture them before.

Meanwhile Hirato is explaining Lady Mine. He also shows just how much he already knows about Gareki and his past including his day job, stealing from people. We learn that Mine was created in the name of "evolution" and get a lovely picture of her with her arms disjointed and three times the normal length. Lady Mine was one of the reasons I fell in love with the anime and she's just as super duper cool in the manga!

Hirato asks if they were spurted by blood saying that they are sensitive to the scent of their own kinds blood. This is why they are basically being detained by Circus, and all this adult talk is too much for Yogi who kind of freaks out. Ohhh Yogi! All Yogi wants to do is be friendly but Hirato is mean and pretends he didn't even know that Yogi was there. Poor Yogi!

Later on and Yogi brings Team Nareki food.

LITTLE NAI! OMG YOGI! He's even more adorable. I want three!

Whilst they are all being adorable and having fun some guy has plucked the eyeball out of his victim and is talking about how he hasn't found the colour he wants yet. Creepy!

I think I like the manga just a small amount more then the anime to be honest, there is just something... More to it. I know that is probably because they anime had the important bits but the Varuga from the end was just so much more creepy after like a page of going on about eyes then he was in the anime. If only because it took me a while in the anime to realize his "flowers" are eyes, this pretty much 100% confirms it on his first page in the manga.

So... This chapter?

It is pretty much as it was in the anime which is cool other than they didn't play hide-and-seek and Gareki tried to escape, he tried to escape full stop. I'm guessing they'll play hide-and-seek next chapter as that is the only reason I can see Nai wanting to go somewhere that he'd fall out of the ship. Unless this is completely different from the anime.

I like all the characters even more in the manga as well, you see I think the anime was a piece of art, I think it was nearly, almost perfect in every way. The manga has added how great it is because it has given a small extra layer to characters that I love anyway and for now on when watching the anime I'll have even more reason why I love them.

The sheep are brilliant though, I have to say I love the sheep! Still as great as in the anime. Though doesn't Yogi say "I'm home" in the anime? Which is slightly cuter then "I'm back".

This is one thing I always love about watching a anime first then reading the manga, seeing the difference in how they portray the characters and the story, already I'm seeing a big (ish) difference in characters like Hirato. It is pretty fun and exciting at the same time to be honest.

The chapter was fun and gave us all the answers to any questions we've had up to this point that aren't to do with the main mystery surrounding the disappearance of Karoku.

So...

I don't know when I'll review the next chapter this was basically a sorry for a crappy end to what looked like a promising week! I probably won't get much more done this week as I'm working full days the next three days and Sunday, possibly Monday, I'll be all Doctor Who this and that and whatever.

Karneval makes everything better though!

No comments:

Post a Comment