4 August 2013

And the Twelfth Doctor is...

It'll never be an older man, he'll always have to be young and good looking....

So let me introduce the young and good looking Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor!

So I never thought it would be a female, as you all know, and seeing Moffat wanted an older Doctor for Eleven before Matt Smith blew him away in the auditions I'm not surprised to see an older Doctor cast.

Personally?

I don't know him from much, to be honest I can only say I've really seen the Doctor Who episode he's been in (with Amy Pond.... as a Soothsayer) and that would be the Fires of Pompeii.

My first impressions basically were...

Older, good. Not that I think the Doctor NEEDS to be older but it is a different dynamic maybe more a Pertwee "father" figure to his companions over just friends with them.

A little awkward... Then again that might just be being announced on LIVE TV broadcast not only on BBC1 at 7pm but also in the USA, Canada and Australia AT THE SAME TIME! Still I like slightly awkward actors like Matt sometimes is I think it adds more when they've been looking awkward and then suddenly go stern in a second.

He's a fan. BRILLIANT! Maybe people won't moan about how he pronounces things if he's a fan....

Wow... this is our new Doctor?

Because no matter who it was going to be there was no doubting whether when his time comes I like him or not THIS IS TWELVE!

Who else is really excited? I am!

I would like him to be a little more... I don't know, dark isn't really the word for it. Only one eccentric tick, Matt had a lot, I'm talking about one thing like Pertwee's martial arts stuff or Bakers jelly babies. Take away the emotion from the Doctor and have it about the people he meets, make him more like a teacher to his companions, taking them on an adventure but leaving behind their personal lives.

I don't know really, I want him to be different from every Doctor but be the Doctor at the same time.

Ohhh I'm excited!

Welcome Doctor Twelve!!!

(The one thing I'd love is for him just to love being the Doctor, especially as he seems to be a fan. Good luck to him and I hope he loves it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment