24 July 2013

Watashi ga Montenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui : I'm unpopular, so there's bad weather

Lament 3

So her best friend from middle school has grown up, changed and got a boyfriend.

Tomoko is still.. Well... Tomoko...

I love you Tomoko!

***SPOILERS***

Bad hair days, we all get them. But yes, so yes to what happens with Tomoko's hair! Mine doesn't even need water and rain it just needs to be... There. Yes I have crappy hair!

She's forgotten her text book. Instead of just saying she's forgotten her text book she kind of attempts to make herself unseen and it doesn't work. The teacher makes her share with the guy next to her. I think Tomoko is devastated by all this attention. And now her umbrella has gone and she kind of gets a little over upset about it, especially as she was looking in the wrong place.

No luck at all today it seems though after her umbrella broke she gets stranded with two boys and the best thing she seemed to have to say is "ohh look its raining". It really doesn't go well for her and she just seems very creepy. Awww the two boys went and brought her an umbrella whilst she cried and then fell asleep.

PE seems to consist of Tomoko not being picked for any teams then sneaking up on a bunch of girls and upsetting herself. So she goes back into a fantasy dreamworld.

After being knocked out in PE she gets to skip the rest of the day so goes to hang out with her brother (who has a cold) to see if she can catch it herself. Tomoki's friends come to give him his work from school and this depresses her more, I don't know who I feel more sorry for Tomoko who is just lonely or Tomoki who has his weird sister crawling into his bed.

Yep and after all that she gets the cold over the weekend. Her luck is bloody terrible!

The whole "get sick and stay off school" schtick. Yep did that too, thankfully I had bad ears so all I had to do was go to the school nurse and tell her my ears had gone funny and they sent me home so in a way I was better off then Tomoko!

The whole not knowing what to say to boys thing was brilliant. In fact it is really something I can relate to this week*.

Hair who needs it hey?

It was a lesson for Tomoko in not listening into other peoples conversations because they very rarely turn out to bring hope or happiness to you, she like everyone else learnt it the hard way. I hated PE though and would do anything to stay away from everyone after they forgot I existed, I hated it when the teachers made me join in though when it was obvious everyone else didn't want me there.

I do love her brother though, in a way he puts up with a lot of really weird behavior from her. I mean OK he kicked her after she poured soup on him but he tolerates her more then he probably should have too. It is annoying when you have a popular sibling and your life is stuck in a rut. And then poor weather makes everything feel 100 times worse.

I quite like how it is just highlighting all the terrible things that happen to basically ghosts. Because that is what we are really, people notice us from time to time but the majority of the time we could stand right in front of people and talk for hours on end and still get nowhere. They'd look straight through our stuttering and nervousness and find someone more interesting to talk to.

Oh Tomoko, poor Tomoko.

I really do hope she finds something to make her happy, we all do. Video games seem to be her thing, I think to be honest they were mine too, I loved Final Fantasy when I was a kid and that was basically my thing.

To be honest I dread what torture she has to go through next week. Its like reliving school all over again!

*This weekend I'm going to Weston-Super-Mare to the Stars of Time event. Now two years ago (I've said this elsewhere) I went to a Doctor Who day in Beer and there was this super cool David Tennant look-a-like there called Matt Holden. I have had a burning desire for the last two years to have my photo taken with him, I went to Beer the other week for a Sci-Fi day and even though my niece stopped him and was babbling on at him I spent the whole time looking the other way. THEN they were even having photos taken with all the costumed characters and people were standing right next to me saying "anyone else want a photo taken before they leave" and I trembled and walked away.

Now Gods know what the next event I'll be going to is so I REALLY want to ask him for a photo on Saturday..........

When I went to Portsmouth for a wrestling event I got the courage up to as the UK Kid for a photo and he didn't hear me so my sister asked him. At the Doctor Who day I asked Colin Baker for a photo and I slurred my words so my sister asked for me. At TNA IMPACT I kind of just... Stood there and asked the people in line if they'd take my photo with JB and Dixie I never actually had to say anything. Now I actually have to APPROACH a total stranger who will just be minding his own business and ask him for a photo.

It doesn't help that he is super cool and really cute.

This will be my Tomoko moment, I'll try and talk to him, might even get his attention, then tell him I'm going to the toilet (I don't want Matt Holden to ever find this page and read me saying the line Tomoko actually SAID now THAT would be embarrasing!)

So yes by next episode I'll be even more a shivering wreck then she was talking to those boys! Mainly because I'll either a/totally make a fool of myself b/not ask and regret it completely c/slur my words and give up and cry... Or all of the above.

No matter what Saturday evening expect tears (be sad for me people, unpopular still at 24!)

1 comment:

  1. I have noticed how similar your stories of your school years are to this anime!

    On your last note you need to start being yourself more. You are brilliant don't forget that! Keep saving your money like you have been and go to events next year and I'm sure you'll get used to asking people to have your photo taken.

    Better yet get a costume, when me and my OH started we were both quite quiet in a crowd then you get people talking to you and shyness kind of flies out of the window! I've always said you should either start cosplaying or a Vlog, both would really help with your confidence. Ohhh I foresee these blogs becoming agony aunt blogs!

    ReplyDelete