17 May 2013

Fairy Tail : Natsu's Strategy

Chapter 331

Last week we were introduced to the magically power of Zirconis the Dragon. His power to strip humans of their dignity lead Wendy to decide she had to fight for her friends.

The battle of the Seven Dragon Slayers is on...

***SPOILERS***

Zirconis taunts Wendy even more and picks Lucy up to eat her, but just as he's bragging he gets a punch from Mira (in Demon form) and then Sky Dragons Roar from above by Wendy. He throws Lucy and faces off against the two of them.

Lucy (naked) gets thrown into Natsu and boy do I wish that the whole stupid scene never happened. Hiro you are so much better than that.

Elsewhere (because I refuse to talk about that stupidity) Erza has been beaten down and just as it looks like it is over for her Jellal comes in for the save. Unfortunately Millianna see's him come and help Erza and seems to forget that there are seven Dragons...

Happy and Natsu are flying off with a plan, after hearing that Zarconis was going to eat Lucy they came up with his strategy (probably to be eaten) but we never hear of it. Lucy who is finally clothed again by Virgo finds her future self's diary. What a lucky coincidence!

And that is it for the chapter.

It started off brilliantly but soon went too far the other way. There are times for jokes and a joke could have been made but it went too far with Natsu grabbing Lucy's breasts then calling her a pervert. Zarconis is meant to steal peoples dignity away from them so having the worst of the torment coming from her best friend isn't funny. I like how Fairy Tail jokes at serious moments but that was too far, though I think I'm a bit sick of the jokes being on Lucy in general. Especially sexist jokes. I'm not the kind of person who ever waves that card but you'd probably never see a scene written by any of these people, or seen as a joke by millions reading it, of Lucy grabbing hold of Natsu's penis so why make a joke of him grabbing her breasts?

Too much of the chapter was taken up by that scene.

I'm interested to know if Natsu is going to be eaten though, it seems a silly way to attempt to kill something. I mean humans need to bite things to small pieces before they eat them, why believe that a dragon would eat you whole? Plus not only that but we have acid in our stomachs to break down the food we eat, why wouldn't dragons have the same thing? This is of course if that is how he plays it, it could be something different, but I just feel without anyone knowing the inside workings of a dragon why Natsu would jump to that conclusion and why the inside of a dragon would allow someone to suddenly be able to use their magic and burn them up from the inside? If that is how Natsu does it I'll feel let down, I wanted proper decent dragon battles not to see seven AWESOME Dragon Slayers get eaten...

Also I don't know what help Lucy's diary will be. Unless it is something subtle that F.Lucy wouldn't have realized would be important but different events have made it stick out for the present Lucy then it will just be a pointless read surely?

I love Fairy Tail but with that big section making a joke out of Lucy and her situation I can't say I enjoyed the chapter. It started off so well empowering Wendy and with two bad ass girls about to kick dragon butt. Then suddenly it tailed off into a comedy routine with Lucy being the butt of quite a cruel joke.

Hopefully next weeks will be much better, especially as Lucy is dressed.

4 comments:

  1. Obviously his plan is to eat the flame dragon, read that part again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure that fills me with much more happiness then the idea of him getting eaten. I mean fair enough that will be slightly better then being eaten as long as whoever it was facing the flame dragon gets to kill a dragon... If Natsu kills more than one I won't be too happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that was the only thing bugging me too.
    It was Luxus if i remember, and Luxus will fight a dragon.
    But its pretty obvious natsu is gonna try to eat him.
    Maybe the dragon is still kinda 'there' after the flame is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I agree it probably was pretty obvious he was going to eat that one. To be honest I got annoyed at the whole Lucy thing and forgot about the flame dragon completely.

    I guess I just really want to make sure all the dragon slayers get their dragons and had allocated them all their dragon and subconsciously thought no one would touch another slayers dragon. Though it is probably more down to the Lucy joke that I totally ignored that part.

    ReplyDelete