13 April 2013

FOZZY - DROWNING POOL - REVOKER 12/4/13

Taken by me @ White Rabbit Plymouth 12/4/13 Chris Jericho of Fozzy
So as I posted yesterday I went to see Fozzy and Drowning Pool last night.

I've seen Fozzy before in 2011, big fan of their music and also a huge Jericho fan. Think he has so much stage presence and personality. They were only the second band (well second gig) I saw live. The first being the "Get Happy Tour 2006" with Bowling For Soup and Bloodhound Gang.

Thing is I loved Drowning Pool "back in the day" (I sound old now) but to be fair I hadn't heard anything by them in years. In fact the last time I heard anything about them was when their original lead singer had died. At first I wasn't sure about them at all because I didn't know much about the band recently (and the picture my friend sent made me worry they had turned emo-ish) but still was buzzing to see a band that I had loved a long, long time ago.

Taken by me @ White Rabbit Plymouth 12/4/13
Drowning Pool
Well they didn't disappoint! I was surprised to see Fozzy on first (after Revoker but I'm sure they only did like 2 songs anyway) but Jericho had so much energy and it was so brilliant it didn't matter. But Drowning Pool really stole the show they were just awesome! I didn't even think they'd sing "Tear Away" and "Bodies" but they did, or rather everyone did.

It was a brilliant night and I can't wait to go see Fozzy next time they are at White Rabbit. Hoping Drowning Pool come back sometime too.

The next live band I am defo going to see is Bowling For Soup again. As I said I've been to three gigs. The first was BFS and now it is their Farewell tour as they won't be coming to the UK anymore so it feels right that me and my sister go see them on their final tour!

Hopefully I'll see a few more live now that I've been to see Fozzy twice!

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you had a good time :)

    And nice photo of Jericho!

    ReplyDelete